Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9.5 billion in 2018/19, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets through a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
In New Zealand and across Australia, Babcock employs over 865 talented people. Operating across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy, we support our customers’ technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people. In many ways, we are the brand behind the brand. You may not always see our logo, but we are behind the scenes using specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate our client’s operational requirements.
A global solution being delivered locally.
Babcock is excited to partner with Air New Zealand in delivering an exciting and diverse contract to support the asset management and sustainment activities for Ground Support Equipment (GSE) in locations nationally and internationally. Working with Air New Zealand as its trusted asset management partner, Babcock is delivering a customised and innovative asset management solution to drive reliability and efficiency improvements of equipment and provide significant long-term capability and cost benefits.
In order to support the introduction and ongoing delivery of this contract we now have an exciting opportunity for Workshop Leading Hand to join our team based in Auckland
About the Role
The Workshop Supervisor position is responsible for leading and delivering the safe maintenance and repairs of fleet assets as required and achieve standard job labour hours targets in line with budgeted costs
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Practice, promote and lead Health, Safety, and Environmental Compliance during all operations and participate in the development and maintenance of a culture in which health, safety and environmental management is everyone’s key priority, and work to eliminate incidents and accidents in accordance with the Babcock “Home Safe Every Day” philosophy
- Comply with all relevant Quality Management policies, procedures and processes
- Ensure all maintenance and repair work performed meets the original equipment manufacturer’s recommendations in line with local legislation, Babcock standards and industry best practice
- Lead the team to ensure we safely perform condition based maintenance and repair tasks on fleet assets in a controlled manner to meet operational demands and maximise equipment availability for the customer
- Provide the necessary technical support and information to the Maintenance Planner / Scheduler
- Contribute to the inventory management processes and monitor parts, consumables and stock levels
- Ensure all maintenance and repair tasks are completed by your team efficiently in line with budget
- Ensure your team project a professional image in front of our clients and the public at all times;
- Work as part of a team and communicate effectively to support the Fleet Manager and Maintenance Administrator by completing administration tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure all defects are assessed, and a root cause failure analysis is performed for all repairs
- Contribute to continually improve our condition based maintenance and repair strategies
- Actively participate in personal training and development to keep up to date with latest industry best practice, technologies and regulations
- Monitor the operations to ensure that all specialist tools and lifting equipment is calibrated and/or certified fit for purpose before use as required by industry best practice and legislation
This role will align with a mechanical trade qualified Workshop Supervisors that has a proven track record within the asset maintenance and repair of Ground Support Equipment or Heavy Equipment environment. You will be a confident communicator and team player with a passion for identifying and driving change and an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your workload with a strong attention to detail. A Heavy Rigid or Heavy Combination licence would be a highly regarded.
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Job no: HZEJ91583-1
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Saturday, 28 September 2019