Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9.5 billion in 2018/19, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets through a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
In New Zealand and across Australia, Babcock employs over 865 talented people. Operating across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy, we support our customers’ technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people. In many ways, we are the brand behind the brand. You may not always see our logo, but we are behind the scenes using specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate our client’s operational requirements.
A global solution being delivered locally.
Babcock is excited to partner with Air New Zealand in delivering an exciting and diverse contract to support the asset management and sustainment activities for Ground Support Equipment (GSE) in locations nationally and internationally. Working with Air New Zealand as its trusted asset management partner, Babcock is delivering a customised and innovative asset management solution to drive reliability and efficiency improvements of equipment and provide significant long-term capability and cost benefits.
In order to support the introduction and ongoing delivery of this contract we now have an exciting opportunity for a Workshop Manager to join our team based in Auckland
About the Role
The Workshop Manager will lead, develop and manage a team of trades and administrative support staff in order to meet or exceed all the necessary contractual, legislative and organisational requirements associated with contract performance, health safety and environmental compliance and employee engagement.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Practice and promote Health, Safety, and Environmental compliance during all operations and participate in the development and maintenance of a culture in which health, safety and environmental management is everyone’s key priority.
- Deliver a best practice asset management solution to the client that meets contractual requirements and provides added value to the client in a cost effective, transparent and ethical manner.
- Delivering responsive and agile solutions and develop innovative methods to continuously improve processes for our employees, customers and stakeholders.
- The development of one team, collaborating together with our employees, customers and stakeholders creating efficient synergies and partnerships.
- Provide best practice leadership to your direct reports in consultation with HR including; recruitment and retention, performance management and development, training and development, leave planning and approvals, disciplinary issues, disputes and industrial relations.
- Develop systems to ensure the team are performing condition based preventative maintenance tasks and repairs in line with budget, industry standards, best practice and OEM guidelines.
- Administering the asset register, standard job database, maintenance strategy tasks, long term maintenance & repair planning within the ERP software database.
- Monitoring the quality of feedback and job report information from the Maintenance Technicians to ensure they are completing all the necessary technical job reports in detail, including a root cause failure analysis for all repairs and monitoring what action has been taken to avoid failure reoccurrences.
- Validating the integrity of all job report information ensuring that it is checked and approved before it is entered into the Asset Management
- Monitoring labour resource efficiencies to ensure non-productive time is minimised, tasks are performed in a time efficient
- Assist with the compilation of an accurate monthly invoice in a timely manner.
- Perform regular site visits and asset inspections and meet with customer representatives in order to obtain feedback and audit the quality of workmanship we are providing to our customers, and observe equipment application and site conditions.
- Condition monitoring and contribute to delivering continuous improvement initiatives
This role will align with a tertiary qualified and experienced Workshop Manager/Supervisor that has demonstrable experience in leading technical workshop teams within multi-site workshops specialising in the repair and maintenance of motor vehicles or equipment. You will be a confident team player with a passion for identifying and driving change, and someone that enjoys managing, leading and developing members of your team. You will have exceptional time management and organisational skills coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your workload with a strong attention to detail. Advanced computer literacy and a high level understanding of conditional monitoring will be highly regarded in this position.
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Job no: HCAK91495-6
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Thursday, 7 November 2019