Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Trade Control Specialist
Babcock International Group, the engineering services company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9 billion in 2016/17, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within our market sectors of Marine, Land and Aviation, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock employs over 725 staff and operates across aviation, marine, defence, mining and construction, cyber security and engineering consultancy.
Naval Ship Management (NSM) is a Joint Venture between Babcock and UGL and currently has an exciting newly created opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Trade Controls Specialist to join the Naval Ship Management (NSM) based in Sydney.
NSM’s Trade Control Specialist will lead and support the application and implementation of export control compliance obligations for NSM business and its projects. This includes ensuring compliance with all company import and export control policies and procedures and compliance with relevant export control laws and regulations from around the world, with particular focus on the US International Trade of Arms Regulations (ITAR).
To be the successful candidate for this position you will require the following qualifications and experience:
- End to end management, including application, compliance and resolution of all of NSM requirements with regards to export and trade controls, working within the framework of all information and physical security policies and influencing required changes where necessary
- Act as the subject matter expert, be the central point of reference and support for all matters related to export and trade controls.
- Ensure that all projects and support functions comply with the requirements of the U.S. (ITAR, EAR), U.K., Australian and all other applicable export control rules and regulations
- Responsible for maintaining details of all current U.S. Agreements (e.g. TAA’s) to which the NSM companies are a signatory in a central repository regularly updated and readily available to all relevant parties if required.
- Co-ordinate and forward license applications to the relevant authorities
- Support all internal stakeholders by evaluating NSM’s compliance with export controls and assist the business units with the implementation of corrective actions, where required
- Monitor access controls for all export controlled technology used by the business units
- Prepare and conduct (or coordinate) implementation plans for all matters relating to facility and IT security (in conjunction with the relevant internal stakeholders)
- Prepare and conduct/coordinate corrective action plans in relation to any identified breach of NSM export control obligations (in conjunction with all relevant internal stakeholders)
- Institute local reporting and governance framework for all trade control matters ensuring regular updates to Trade Control Managers involvement and direction on non-compliance, corrective actions and impact of regulation changes
- Execute an internal audit program to identify non-compliances with all applicable export controls and regulations and oversee the implementation of corrective actions
- Create/update procedures and policies to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and ensure implementation and compliance by the relevant stakeholders
- Assist the Project Managers with implementing Trade Control Plans and assessing processes to determine whether the technology security arrangements for the relevant TAA or other approvals are adequate for the project purposes
- Implement and establish regular Trade Control communication updates to the wider NSM business to increase awareness and involvement in the function
This role will align with an experienced Trade Control Specialist that has a proven track record of delivery within a complex defence environment. You will ideally have supporting tertiary qualifications within an associated discipline and have an excellent interpersonal and analytical skill set. Additionally you will be a confident team player that has a passion for identifying and driving change and enjoys working within a team environment but can also work autonomously as required. You will have exceptional time management and organisational experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your workload and timeframes with a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will have high level computer skills and have a proven ability to adapt and learn new systems and processes quickly.
In return NSM offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
Job no: BHAO91172-1
Location: Garden Island - NSW
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 March 2019