Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Export Controls Manager
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence. We employ over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over AU$9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 900 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
About the opportunity
Based in Adelaide, SA, we are pleased to offer the newly created position of Export Controls Manager as part of our growing Trades Control team.
Reporting to the Trade Control Manager of Australasia, you will be responsible for the Naval Ship Management (NSM) business, a joint venture with UGL.
You will oversee export control compliance for NSM and their two major defence contracts, Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD landing craft and the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA Alliance), for the continued sustainment of the Anzac Class Frigates through to the end of their life.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience in a similar role within the defence industry
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Australian and US export controls and regulations (ITAR)
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Experience with growing and developing a team
- The ability to create policies, procedures and frameworks
- The ability to educate stakeholders to guarantee controls awareness and compliance
- A high degree of resilience and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline ie law or business
Being relationships focused, you are collaborative and team orientated. You are a confident communicator, comfortable dealing with diverse stakeholders; you are able to influence to achieve buy in and drive positive outcomes. You thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Defence security clearance is required for this role and applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
It’s an exciting time to join us and contribute to the development of our growing team in an international business!
Relocation assistance may be considered for the successful applicant.
Click on Apply to submit your application.
Job no: HUAP91536
Location: Adelaide - SA
Closing Date: Friday, 15 November 2019