Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9.5 billion in 2018/19, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets through a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
In New Zealand and across Australia, Babcock employs over 865 talented people. Operating across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy, we support our customers’ technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people. In many ways, we are the brand behind the brand. You may not always see our logo, but we are behind the scenes using specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate our client’s operational requirements.
A global solution being delivered locally.
Babcock is excited to partner with Air New Zealand in delivering an exciting and diverse contract to support the asset management and sustainment activities for Ground Support Equipment (GSE) in locations nationally and internationally. Working with Air New Zealand as its trusted asset management partner, Babcock is delivering a customised and innovative asset management solution to drive reliability and efficiency improvements of equipment and provide significant long-term capability and cost benefits.
In order to support the introduction and ongoing delivery of this contract we now have a number of exciting opportunities for Welders to join our team based in Auckland
About the Role
The Welder positions are responsible for ensuring welding accuracy and structural integrity for all products, practically ground support rolling stock. To be successful in this position you must be confident and can demonstrate the following -
- Be a certified welder (certified to NZS2980 standard)
- Have a full class 1 license
- Welding experience, specifically mig and fabrication experience (at least 2 years)
- Ability to operate various machinery, tools and vehicles is an added benefit
- Strong attention to detail
- Have an ability to work unsupervised & as part of a team
- Good timekeeping, friendly with a hardworking attitude
- Flexibility to work extra hours as required to get the job done.
- Practice and promote Health, Safety, and Environmental compliance during all operations and participate in the development and maintenance of a culture in which health, safety and environmental management is everyone’s key priority.
- Comply with all relevant Quality Management policies, procedures and processes.
- Record and document all work performed in the required format.
- Project a professional image in front of our clients and the public at all times.
- Actively participate in personal training and development to keep up to date with latest industry best practice, technologies and regulations
These roles will align with Welders/Fabricators or Boiler Makers that have a proven track record within the asset maintenance and repair of Ground Support Equipment or Heavy Equipment environment. You will be a confident communicator and team player with a passion for identifying and driving change and an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your workload with a strong attention to detail. A Heavy Rigid or Heavy Combination licence would be a highly regarded.
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Job no: KOAO91852
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Saturday, 14 December 2019