Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group, the engineering services company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9 billion in 2016/17, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within our market sectors of Marine, Land and Aviation, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock employs over 725 staff and operates across aviation, marine, defence, mining and construction, cyber security and engineering consultancy.
Due to an expanding portfolio of work Babcock Australia are seeking to engage a Technical Officer in order to join our growing and successful team to service ground support equipment. In these positions you will be responsible for supporting the technical compliance and efficiency of maintenance activities conducted by defence and contacted organisations for a wide range of aircraft ground support equipment.
The key accountabilities for these new positions will include but not be limited to:
- Work within and be active in creating a safe and supportive environment
- Ensuring that all maintenance procedures are accurately planned.
- Work closely & assist our business partner to deliver asset maintenance activities including planning, scheduling and inventory management.
- Ensure existing processes and systems are adhered to and continuously developed and improved
- Provide technical assistance and ensure OEM supplied material is up dated and confirm data conformance to standards
- Ensure critical spares are accurately identified and managed
- Participate in out of hours and on call activities in line with rostered activities
As a Technical Officer within the Technical Services team you will partner with the business to provide strategic technical support ensuring that maintenance activities are undertaken in a manner that delivers commercial value, manages risk and meets business partner requirements.
As the ideal candidate, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to develop and manage internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Maintenance experience within the Defence technical environment
- An understanding of aircraft Ground Support Equipment
- Be detailed focused and driven to deliver a high standard of customer satisfaction
- Ability to analyse data and identify and implement improvement activities
- Work autonomously and part of a team as required
- Be qualified in a mechanical or electrical trade with extensive experience in maintenance planning, scheduling and delivery.
- Exposure to and experience of working with MILIS would be highly regarded
- Candidates with defence and non-defence experience will be considered
Babcock is committed to creating a supportive organisational environment that proactively acquires and manages efficient and effective staff with the skills, capabilities and attitudes necessary to support our business in achieving its corporate goals. If you would like to be a part of an exciting new future with our company, then please apply immediately.
Eligibility for an Australian Defence Security Clearance will be taken into account in assessing an applicant’s suitability for this role.
Job no: CMAQ91247
Location: Adelaide - SA
Closing Date: Sunday, 7 April 2019