Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Systems Engineer - CCBRNE
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Asset Management the Systems Engineer will provide multi-functional technical engineering support in order to promote, design and deliver operational and systems excellence within the Defence Business. This role will have a strong focus on driving operational and contract delivery improvements. The role could be based in Melbourne or Adelaide.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Support the business and clients with documentation of needs, problem definition, requirements analysis and definition, systems design, solution option analysis and verification/validation.
- To support the asset management team in scoping, developing and implementing improvement initiatives to ensure contractual deliverables and excellence to customers as per the business unit objectives.
- Support and develop technical engineering and compliance processes to ensure integration with all operational areas.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant WHS and associated technical legislation.
- Provide technical input to support life cycle costing models
- Maintain an awareness of industry 'best practice' and provide regular updates to the business and customers of news and developments within the industry sectors.
This role will align with an experienced Systems Engineers that has a proven track record of delivery within a defence organisation or experience with multi-facetted fleet or equipment. You will be a systems driven professional and qualified engineer that has an excellent interpersonal and analytical skill set. Additionally you will be a confident team player that has a passion for identifying and driving change and enjoys working within a team environment but can also work autonomously as required. You will have exceptional time management and organisational experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work load and timeframes with a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will have high level computer skills and have a proven ability to adapt and learn new systems and processes quickly.
Who we are
Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock is a key contractor to Defence, emergency services and the oil and gas sectors, employing more than 1300 talented people and we’re growing.
We focus our specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate clients’ operational requirements, and our expertise across land, marine, aviation and training sectors provides engineering, sustainment and support services that keep the country moving.
To provide you some local context, here are a few things we do across air, land and sea:
- We’re in the air with emergency services, piloting and crewing air ambulances and search and rescue missions
- We keep things moving on land, with integrated asset management and engineering services for vehicle fleets and infrastructure
- We look after vessels as diverse as naval submarines and luxury yachts, with plenty in between, providing bow-to-stern sustainment and technical engineering support
Your future at Babcock – What we offer you
What sets us apart at Babcock? Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you can drive change and grow your career, we promote and foster training and development and the opportunity to be part of something BIG. Central to Babcock’s core values are health, safety and environment and diversity. If you’d like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, apply via the ‘Apply Now” button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au