Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence, with over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over NZ $9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Projects Planner you will be responsible for proactively delivering project support for all delivery projects across the site. This will be in the main to provide key project support outputs for ship refit activities to enable deadlines to be met during the planning and execution phases.
Key accountabilities include;
- Manage Control of Work documents in line with the project schedule, ensuring they are adequate and hazards are identified and taken account of.
- Pro-actively support delivering project requirements for project and production teams such as, but not limited to, safety walk-arounds, material management, production of technical specifications, providing estimates, sub contract management etc…
- Generate complete Work Orders that meet the end users expectations in line with key dates and as the project and production team require them.
- Provide consistent reporting to the Senior Estimator, Project Manager and Production.
- Actively contribute to the risk management through a project’s lifecycle.
- Assist in generating contract documents as requested to enable timely approval.
- Deliver team objectives in line with the company’s direction.
- Demonstrate encouraging and supporting behaviours with the organisation to deliver outputs.
- Identify, develop and lead improvement opportunities.
- Support the organisation in improvement initiatives.
Ideally you will come from an engineering environment and have a relevant qualification within the engineering discipline; be adept at problem solving and managing conflicting priorities as they arise. You will have a good understanding of engineering and scheduling principles. While having experience working within teams to deliver an engineering output.
You will have a good working knowledge of an ERP software as well being computer literate.
What’s in it for you:
In return, we offer the opportunity to work in a great location, with total support and commitment from a hands-on management team. Drawing on the substantial experience of Babcock International, this is a career defining opportunity for someone who can drive change and influence people.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Job no: Support Engineer
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Friday, 17 July 2020