Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
The Stores person plays a key role in the effective operation of Babcock supply chain. The role contributes to best practice warehousing within the Osborne facility through timely coordination of all deliveries, despatches, disposal of obsolete goods and general administration duties. Experience using ERP systems in an operational function. Good computing skills. High level understanding of all aspects of supply chain processes.
The Stores Officer has a range of duties that include but not limited to:
- Receipt all inwards freight delivered;
- Issue Inventory as required by the customer;
- Despatch all outwards freight;
- Maintain an Inwards and Outwards freight register for the warehouse facility;
- Ensure that all inventory held is stored In accordance with current warehousing conventions;
- Entry of stores data and transactions into company data base
- Stocking duties
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance
This role will align with an experienced Stores/Warehouse Officer that has a proven track record of delivery within a busy supply chain environment. You will ideally have supporting qualifications within an associated discipline and have an excellent interpersonal, communications and stakeholder’s engagement skillset. Additionally you will be a confident team player that has a passion for identifying and driving change and enjoys working within a team environment but can also work autonomously as required. You will have exceptional time management and organisational experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your workload and timeframes with a strong attention to detail.
Who we are
Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock is a key contractor to Defence, emergency services and the oil and gas sectors, employing more than 1300 talented people and we’re growing.
We focus our specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate clients’ operational requirements, and our expertise across land, marine, aviation and training sectors provides engineering, sustainment and support services that keep the country moving.
To provide you some local context, here are a few things we do across air, land and sea:
- We’re in the air with emergency services, piloting and crewing air ambulances and search and rescue missions
- We keep things moving on land, with integrated asset management and engineering services for vehicle fleets and infrastructure
- We look after vessels as diverse as naval submarines and luxury yachts, with plenty in between, providing bow-to-stern sustainment and technical engineering support
Your future at Babcock – What we offer you
What sets us apart at Babcock? Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you can drive change and grow your career, we promote and foster training and development and the opportunity to be part of something BIG. Central to Babcock’s core values are health, safety and environment and diversity. If you’d like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, apply via the ‘Apply Now” button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au