Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock New Zealand is part of the Babcock International Group, a leading provider of critical engineering services which support national defence, save lives and protect communities. In New Zealand our team of over 300 talented people work closely with our customers and partners to understand them inside out, building deep relationships based on trust to solve complex challenges and deliver value. We do this through our people’s commitment to excellence and our adoption of technology.
Our people are critical to our ability to deliver our strategic goals, and our core values are health, safety, the environment, and being inclusive.
We are actively growing our team to deliver some exciting projects for the defence and commercial sectors in Aotearoa. Our team of over 320 people work on the Devonport Naval Base in partnership with our customer, the Royal New Zealand Navy. As the Navy’s strategic maritime partner we provide complete maintenance, repair and overhaul services to their entire Navy fleet. We also undertake ship conversions, life extensions, retrofits and major repairs, in both the dry-dock and in the water, for our customers.
About the role:
The primary function will be to ensure all items are received, stored, maintained and recorded correctly into our warehouse. Support the business in ensuring accurate a timely deliveries of materials to the designated location on site in a timely manner.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Inspect and receipt goods received by the inwards goods team.
- Issue inventory and record transactions in a timely manner.
- Ensure hazardous substances are documented and handled in accordance with HAZMAT regulations.
- Ensure deliveries are made to the various locations on site.
- Escort couriers when required.
- Participate in any activities to support continuous improvement initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following types of skillsets and experience:
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Computer literate
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Understanding of worksite safety rule
- Certificate in Storekeeping activities or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Background in Logistics
- A current driver's licence ideally with F Endorsement, HT2 and or HI-ab
- An understanding of worksite safety rules and methods
- The ability to interpret and follow instructions
- The ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Be familiar with ERP systems, preferably IFS and SAP (desirable)
- Working within an engineering or defence environment (desirable)
What we offer:
- Drawing on the substantial experience of Babcock International, this is a career defining opportunity for someone who can drive change and influence people.
- We offer flexible working and a fascinating naval marine environment to work within, as part of the team who works in partnership with the Navy.
- Located on the Devonport Naval Base, this is a great opportunity to work in partnership with our customer and see the results of your hard work first-hand.
Babcock’s dockyard facility is located within the Royal NZ Navy’s, Devonport Naval Base on Auckland’s North Shore. This picturesque location is ideally positioned for anyone who may wish to use the Devonport or Stanley Bay ferry.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and be able to satisfy medical, safety and security checks in order to obtain a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance
Please note - applications will be reviewed up until we break for the holidays on 18 December 2020. Applications submitted after this date will be reviewed on our return to work in early January 2021.