Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Design Engineer
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence, with over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over NZ $9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role:
You will be working within the Centre of Engineering team who serve as the Design Authority for the Maritime Engineering Support Team (MEST) serving the Royal New Zealand Navy (RNZN). The outputs of the Centre of Engineering provide the overall authority for design, guidance, advice and marine engineering operational support to meet the needs of our customers. You will be required to work in an office based environment, but with access to the RNZN Fleet within the shipyard, to develop innovative solutions in conducting project studies, investigations and reports to deliver the outputs of the engineering group to time, quality and budget.
To be capable of leading complex Engineering Change Project within the Engineers area of expertise. You must also be capable of delivering complex Engineering Investigations.
- Technical decisions recommended and advice provided based on proven engineering principles and evidence based analysis
- Ensure engineering solutions are practical, robust, operable, supportable and fully reliant
- Produce detailed design/ production drawings
- Produce high quality engineering reports investigations
- Conduct reviews and engage subject matter experts across the organization to ensure the projects
This role will be reporting to Design Team Leader
We are looking for experienced engineers with design and project delivery experience preferably within a marine engineering environment. You will be able to demonstrate some of the following types of skillsets and experience:
- Familiar with Marine Engineering Regulatory and Classification Requirements;
- Familiar with design of ship systems and equipment types in either the Communications, Weapons or traditional Marine Engineering cadre;
- Project Management and Project Planning;
- Electrical CAD design expertise (AutoCad Preferred)
- Relevant Engineering degree;
- Familiar with report and technical writing;
- Chartered Professional Engineer Status would be desirable.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
On behalf of Babcock NZ, we wish you all the best in the coming weeks. Please look after each other and kia kaha.
Due to the current circumstance that New Zealand finds itself in, this means two things:
Please be mindful that there will be a delay in our recruitment process as well as the on boarding new team members.
there will also be a delayed response to any open advertisements
We offer our sincerest apologies, however we will work diligently to keep things running as smoothly as possible.
If you have any urgent enquiries in the interim please do not hesitate to reach out to our team at CareersNZ@babcockinternational.com
Job no: BZBG02156
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Monday, 27 April 2020