NSM (Naval Ship Management) is an incorporated Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd. NSM delivers complete sustainment solutions to the Royal Australian Navy including planning and execution of preventative and scheduled maintenance for ANZAC class frigates.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Accountant to join the NSM team based in Henderson, Western Australia.
About the role
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the effective and compliant financial management, reporting and forecasting, business development activities providing value added analysis to Senior Managers and the Finance Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Compilation and submission of financial and Board reports
- Management of financial processes and activities including month end, budgets, forecasting and long-term business plans
- Liaison and collaboration with business stakeholders, parent companies, external financial auditors
- Provide financial expertise and oversight in development of client / contractor related activities including tenders and contract negotiations
- Provision of robust financial modelling, commercial analysis and insights
- Contribute to the planning, management and effective implementation of financial management procedures and practices
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in Senior Accounting roles or similar.
- Degree and CA/CPA qualified
- Prior experience with establishing management reporting systems is desirable.
- High level computer skills ie Advanced Microsoft Excel, Intermediate or Advanced SAP
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical thinking
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Exposure to Defence environment preferred but not essential
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
Benefits of working with Babcock
Babcock International Group, the engineering services company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9 billion in 2016/17, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within our market sectors of Marine, Land and Aviation, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock employs over 725 staff and operates across aviation, marine, defence, mining and construction, cyber security and engineering consultancy.
Over 700 Babcock employees across Australia & New Zealand benefit from a corporate culture that promotes a safe working environment and professional development of employees at every stage of their career through training, performance rewards and structured career paths.
We are expanding rapidly in Australia so, if you want to be part of an exciting new future with our Company, please apply now.
For more information about Babcock please visit; Babcock Australia & New Zealand on LinkedIn
Job no: AZGU80601
Location: Henderson - WA
Closing Date: Friday 23rd February 2018