Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Quality Control - Coatings & Structures Surveyor
We have partnered with the Royal New Zealand Navy to provide complete engineering, maintenance, repair and overhaul services to the entire fleet. As the Navy’s strategic maritime partner, we also undertake ship conversions, life extensions, retrofits and major repairs in dry-dock or in water for our customers. We are currently in an exciting phase of growth to deliver a portfolio of programmes in both defence and commercial sectors for Aotearoa.
About the Role
We have brought the Coatings & Structures Surveyor role into the Centre of Engineering to focus on Coatings Quality Control processes and ensure systems are maintained to relevant standards.
In the role, you’ll carry out a range of surveys, trials, tests, and inspections to make sure work is compliant with recognised Defence, and international standards. This hands on role includes examining and recording the physical properties of ship structures, materials, and other equipment in order to maintain an accurate record of the material state and configuration of RNZN assets, and identify coating defects that may lead to a product failure.
- Developing and maintaining quality assurance systems for new and existing coating standards.
- Periodic testing and inspection on all new & existing coating systems
- Assisting with surveyor duties as needed
We are looking for someone with practical experience and knowledge on surveying equipment, structural material and other components for corrosion and coating defects, preferably within a marine environment.
You will need the following:
- NACE L2 CIP Certified
- Confined space trained
- Experience in coating inspections (ultrasonic, thickness)
- Familiar with MS Office programs
The following is not essential but will set you up for success:
- Experience within an engineering test and trials environment
- Experience conducting NDT and instrument calibration
- Relevant qualification such as Bachelor of Engineering Technology or equivalent
- Familiarity with 3D drawing packages
What we offer:
- This is an incredibly rewarding role, as you will have the support, resources and encouragement to learn from technical experts and bring your ideas to work.
- We offer flexible working and a fascinating naval marine environment, as part of the team enabling the Navy
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and be able to satisfy medical, safety and security checks in order to obtain a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance