Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around $9 billion in 2016/17, we improve the capability, reliability and availability of our customers’ most critical assets across Marine, Land and Aviation sectors.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role:
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for each of your designated projects from planning through to the execution phase. Working in partnership with our customers, and as part of a close knit team, you will use your technical skills and practical experience in marine engineering to provide guidance, advice and innovative solutions that will add value to our customers who are entrusting critical assets for repair and maintenance.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone who has the following attributes:
- Sound understanding of project management principles, process and techniques
- Knowledge of marine safety requirements and technical aspects required to administer marine projects
- Practical experience and knowledge of marine engineering practices and equipment
- Knowledge and experience in ship repair operations; financial reporting and budgeting and contract interpretation.
- Tertiary qualified in an Engineering discipline
- Ideally a Project Management Qualification
What’s in it for you?
As a successful Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on both commercial and Navy vessels and to work on a variety of projects. You will have the opportunity to further grow and develop your career while working with a team of experienced project managers.
Babcock’s dockyard facility is located within the Royal NZ Navy’s, Devonport Naval Base on Auckland’s North Shore. This picturesque location is ideally positioned for anyone who may wish to use the Devonport or Stanley Bay ferry.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force Security Clearance.
Job no: LNAK70559
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Wednesday, 28 February 2018