Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Project Manager - Maritime
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence, with over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over NZ $9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role:
- You will be working within the Project Delivery team your key responsibilities are listed below;
- Develop from the initial concept stage of a project a project plan and presentation of tender.
- Review customer specifications for completeness and qualifications; developing the scope, through ship visits, for clarity.
- Consider any technical risk and advise the bid manager as required
- Manage the execution phase of each designated Project through to completion
- Ensure that the Project is closed off promptly and lessons learned are captured
- Ensure the Project costs are managed in the most effective manner
We are looking for experienced project manager with design and project delivery experience preferably within a marine engineering environment. You will be able to demonstrate some of the following types of skillsets and experience:
- Practical experience and knowledge of mechanical & electrical engineering practices
- Familiar with Marine Engineering Regulatory and Classification Requirements;
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering discipline
- Knowledge and experience of Ship Repair Operations, Financial Reporting and Budgeting, Contract Interpretation
- Sound understanding of project management principles, processes and techniques.
In return, we offer the opportunity to work in a great location, on challenging, rewarding projects with total support and commitment from a hands-on leadership team. Drawing on the substantial experience of Babcock International, this is a career defining opportunity for someone who can drive change and influence people.
What’s in it for you:
As a successful Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on both commercial and Navy vessels and to work on a variety of projects. You will have the opportunity to further grow and develop your career while working with a team of experienced project managers.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.