Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Program Director - Communication Systems
About the Role:
Due to recent growth and future opportunity, we are seeking a senior and well-respected Defence professional to take ownership and responsibility for our emergent communications business in Australia and New Zealand.
This rare opportunity provides a talented individual to leverage their knowledge, skills and enthusiasm to play a leading role in business growth and program delivery.
The primary focus of the role is for Joint Project 9101 (Enhanced Defence High Frequency Communications System), where you will be involved in contract negotiations, mobilisation and phase-in, in advance of delivering a concurrent acquisition and sustainment program.
The role will have a high degree of engagement and visibility from Australian and Group executive management teams. Astute stakeholder management will be essential both internally and with the customers we support.
You will hold ultimate responsibility for the success of the program including P&L, milestone achievement, culture, safety and reputation. Accordingly, you will be supported by a skilled and experienced project and engineering team working across industry-leading, innovative technologies sourced both within Babcock and across a trusted, reliable network of partners.
If you have a record of relevant performance and a strong reputation within Defence and Industry for large program management (~$700M), we want to hear from you.
Some of the key accountabilities for role:
- Development of the project team and interfacing relationships.
- Delivery of program objectives against agreed cost and schedule constraints.
- Lead Babcock representative at senior governance forums and with the customer.
- Application of sound decision making in support of the acquisition and sustainment program.
- Provide direction, advice and mentoring to a senior leadership team.
- Establishing required culture and behaviour aligned to company strategy and customer commitments.
- Manage program risk and deliver program objectives including KPIs and other health indicators.
- Manage and participate key governance reviews both internally and externally.
- Development and promotion of continual improvements in the Safety, Health and Environmental culture within Babcock Australia.
As the ideal candidate, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Project Management or higher.
- At least 10 years' experience in a senior management role in complex ASDEFCON program delivery.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in complex systems program delivery.
- Relevant domain knowledge and experience is highly preferred.
- International business experience.
- High levels of emotional intelligence and ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
- Commitment to service excellence and customer relationship development.
- Able to solve technical problems and keep abreast of new technical developments.
- Excellent negotiation, planning and reporting skills relevant to a major defence program.
- Ability to obtain an NV-1 security clearance.
Who we are:
Babcock is a diverse, multi-national business. We have been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training. With over 1000 staff in Australia and New Zealand, we are a critical service provider working in partnership with those who provide essential services, keep our communities safe and our nations secure. We apply our specialist skills and knowledge to meet our clients’ operational requirements through engineering, asset management and support services that keep the country moving. To provide you some local context, here are a few things we do across air, land and sea:
· We’re in the air with emergency services, piloting and crewing air ambulances and search and rescue missions.
· We keep things moving on land, with integrated asset management and engineering services for vehicle fleets and infrastructure.
· We look after vessels as diverse as naval submarines and luxury yachts, with plenty in between, providing bow-to-stern sustainment and technical engineering support.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you!
What sets us apart at Babcock? We offer a supportive and engaging environment where you can drive change and grow your career. We promote and foster training and development, and the opportunity to be part of something BIG. Central to our shared values are health, safety, environment and diversity. If you’d like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, apply via the ‘Apply Now” button below.
To learn more about us, visit www.babcock.com.au.