Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Operations Officer (Tooradin)
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the
aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly
skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand,
Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,000 talented people, and we are on a path
of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence,
commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and
engineering consultancy. In many ways, we are the brand behind the brand. You
may not always see our logo, but we are behind the scenes using specialist
skills and knowledge to facilitate our client’s operational requirements. To
provide you some local context, some of the programs our team are proud to be a
part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
About the role
Based in Tooradin, we are looking
for an experienced Operations
Officer to join our Offshore Operations team. This business critical role will support
services to one of our major customer, Fulltime hours per week over a 7 days on 7 days off roster.
Reporting to the Operations
Manager (Offshore), you will work as part of a localised team to provide
support to ensure efficient and effective base operations.
As part of this role you will:
- Ensure the completion of the daily flying program
- Ensure base operations/flight planning rooms are supplied with necessary equipment, publications, displays and information for Aircrew and Operations staff
- Compile daily reports and collect daily/weekly contract statistics for the base
- Liaise with other Babcock Departments to ensure the smooth and efficient running of Base Flight Operations
- Update the base’s daily/weekly flight schedule
- Ensure the base radio facilities are serviceable prior to the
commencement of the daily flying program
To be successful in this role you
- Aviation and Offshore Operations experience
- An Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC)
- Knowledge of Emergency Response procedures
- Experience in Flight Following/Tracking
- Strong interpersonal, decision making and communication skills and customer centric approach
- The ability to work as part of a team with flexibility and a
Your future at Babcock –
what we offer you
What sets us apart at Babcock?
- Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you can drive change and grow your career;
- We promote and foster training and development;
- Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment, and diversity;
- The opportunity to be a part of something BIG!
So if you would like to be part
of the Babcock team, then please apply via the ‘Apply Now” button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au