Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9.5 billion in 2018/19, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets through a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
In New Zealand and across Australia, Babcock employs over 1000 talented people. Operating across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy, we support our customers’ technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people. In many ways, we are the brand behind the brand. You may not always see our logo, but we are behind the scenes using specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate our client’s operational requirements.
A global solution being delivered locally.
We currently have a full time permanent opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our high performing Marine team based in our Osborne facility
About the Role
Reporting to the Engineering Team Leader this role is responsible for providing engineering support to Babcock Marine through life support programmes and engineering projects
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Conduct engineering investigations as required and raise reports detailing findings of said investigations
- Provide engineering support to internal / external customer requests for engineering information
- Conduct configuration control surveys and provide resolution direction for any configuration deviations identified
- Provide general engineering and design support as required to provide cost effective solutions in support of Babcock projects
- Originate / update engineering documentation and design artefacts to support Babcock project and refurbishment activities
- Support the Babcock project activities with documentation of needs and requirements analysis, solution option analysis and verification/validation
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation throughout engagement with the business and customer
- Support development of technical engineering processes to ensure integration with all operational areas
- Provide any other engineering support tasks as allocated by the nominated Engineering Team Lead.
This role will align with Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an engineering role that is looking to develop their career within a sector leading Engineering business. Whilst this position would ideally suit candidates with experience from within the Maritime or Defence industries, candidates that possess experience in industries such as Oil and Gas or similar are also encouraged to apply. You will also possess very strong IT and analytical skills, including the use of MS Office Suite, as well as technical applications such as Teamcentre and Mathcad. In addition experience in FEA using tools such as ANSYS or CAD using NX software would be an advantage. We are seeking applications from highly motivated candidates with excellent communication skills and ability to identify and drive improvement activities
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Job no: LMAL91950
Location: Osborne - SA
Closing Date: Thursday, 27 February 2020