Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Defence Sector Engineering Team for a Mechanical Drafter. This is a key role, providing technical support to our Marine programmes and engineering projects, including Collins sustainment and upcoming future Marine programmes. You will support design and detailed drawings for various engineering projects, including preparation and authorisation of manufacturing drawings, assembly drawings, bills of materials and other associated documentation. You will ensure all technical data and associated documents are correctly recorded in the configuration management systems.
You will be based in our Osborne Facility, working amongst a growing team of Engineers. We are driving forward with flexible working, embracing new technologies and we have a great team culture.
- Experience originating and checking 3D models, 2D drawings and design documentation
- 4-8 years’ drafting experience
- Teamcenter and NX experience
- Defence Experience (anyone with defence experience will likely have a good basic CM understanding)
- Good understanding of Engineering Baseline Management Processes
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Be detailed, focused and driven to deliver a high standard of customer satisfaction
- Ability to work well in a team
- Always strive to deliver and never compromise on Health and Safety.
- Experience in a CAD environment and in the production of engineering detail drawing data packs and proven technical data management skills.
- Demonstrable ability to use initiative and prioritise workload
- Ability to analyse data and identify and implement improvement activities through an innovative mind-set
- Previous engineering experience in either Marine / Defence Industry
Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock is a key contractor to Defence, emergency services and the oil and gas sectors, employing more than 1300 talented people and we’re growing.
We focus our specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate clients’ operational requirements, and our expertise across land, marine, aviation and training sectors provides engineering, sustainment and support services that keep the country moving.
To provide you some local context, here are a few things we do across air, land and sea:
- We’re in the air with emergency services, piloting and crewing air ambulances and search and rescue missions
- We keep things moving on land, with integrated asset management and engineering services for vehicle fleets and infrastructure
- We look after vessels as diverse as naval submarines and luxury yachts, with plenty in between, providing bow-to-stern sustainment and technical engineering support
Your future at Babcock – What we offer you
What sets us apart at Babcock? Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you can drive change and grow your career, we promote and foster training and development and the opportunity to be part of something BIG. Central to Babcock’s core values are health, safety and environment and diversity. We support a flexible workforce and soon to introduce a wellbeing, recognition and benefits program to enhance our Employee Value Proposition. If you’d like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, apply via the ‘Apply Now” button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au