Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Marine Technician - Electrical (Care & Custody Engineer)
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence, with over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over NZ $9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
In New Zealand, we have partnered with the Royal New Zealand Navy to provide complete maintenance, repair and overhaul services to their entire fleet. As the RNZN's Strategic Maritime Partner, we provide Care and Custody of RNZN vessels when requested, reducing the burden on the RNZN manning and personnel in general. This is a fixed term opportunity to demonstrate the success of the Care and Custody model. In this role, you will report to the Care and Custody Manager.
In this role you will:
- Support the Care and Custody Senior Engineer when providing Operational Level Maintenance of systems on board RNZN ships
- Assist with managing higher level maintenance activities including safe systems of work
- Assist with progress reporting and scheduling for RNZN vessels
- Monitor the safety of personnel, as well as the asset during working hours, and when on rostered duty
- Be part of the duty watch roster for day work and after hours monitoring of RNZN ships
We are looking for an experienced Marine Technician from a marine engineering environment, with sea-going experience in an operational ship or Naval background. Experience as a Leading Marine Technician Electrical or similar would be well suited to this role.
- Relevant electrical high and low voltage maintenance experience
- Electrical trade technician qualification
- Marine shipboard maintenance experience
- Electrical registration (preferred)
- Professional organisation membership (preferred)
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
What’s in it for you:
In return, we offer the opportunity to work in a great location, on challenging, rewarding projects with total support and commitment from a hands-on leadership team. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on both commercial and Navy vessels. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the success of the Care and Custody model and further grow and develop your career while working with a team of experienced engineers.
Full-time, Fixed Term Contract
Job no: BZDG02161
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Sunday, 16 August 2020