Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around $9 billion in 2016/17, we improve the capability, reliability and availability of our customers’ most critical assets across Marine, Land and Aviation sectors.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role
Working as part of a team of highly skilled Marine Fitters, you will maintain , repair & overhaul marine propulsion machinery and auxiliary equipment whilst working from drawings and technical information. Utilising hand tools, power tools and measuring equipment in an efficient, safe, cost effective and quality based manner. Provide peak load support to other units as required.
You will have:
- Trade Certificate in an relevant engineering discipline,
- Certificates in Forklift Operations, First Aid, Slinging, and Oil Response Operations
- Ability to work quickly to fit in with ships’ cargo handling and sailing schedules,
- Knowledge and experience of small boat systems, equipment and general marine engineering Depot Level Maintenance,
- Knowledge and experience of marine diesel engines and ancillary systems,
- Knowledge and experience of electrical systems,
What's in it for you?
This position will allow you to use and grow your professional and practical knowledge of the Marine industry. You will become part of a close knit team and have the opportunity to work for the most diverse commercial ship repairer in New Zealand.
Located on the Royal NZ Naval Base in Devonport, this picturesque location is ideal for anyone taking the ferry, or located on the North Shore.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Job no: Marine Fitter
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Tuesday, 4 February 2020