Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Waterfront Support - Marine Technician
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence, with over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over NZ $9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role:
In this role, you will be reporting to the Care and Custody Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Complete all Operational Level Maintenance on the ships
- Be part of the duty watch keeping roster for day work and after hours monitoring of Royal New Zealand ships
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently to practically implement proposed improvements
- Assist with the managing of higher level maintenance activities (including providing a safe work environment for contractors on board).
- Will be familiar with the safe systems of work required with BNZL and RNZN
- Provide specialist advice and support based knowledge and experience to Care and Custody Officer
We are looking for experienced Mission Systems Engineer preferably within a marine engineering environment. You will be able to demonstrate some of the following types of skill sets and experience:
- Relevant marine machinery and propulsion equipment experience
- Trade level qualification
- Marine shipboard maintenance experience
- Marine MEC 3 qualification (preferred)
- Professional organisation membership (preferred)
- previous RAN or RNZN experience (preferred)
In return, we offer the opportunity to work in a great location, on challenging, rewarding projects with total support and commitment from a hands-on leadership team. Drawing on the substantial experience of Babcock International, this is a career defining opportunity for someone who can drive change and influence people.
What’s in it for you:
As a successful Marine Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on both commercial and Navy vessels. You will have the opportunity to further grow and develop your career while working with a team of experienced engineers.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
On behalf of Babcock NZ, we wish you all the best in the coming weeks. Please look after each other and kia kaha.
Due to the current circumstance that New Zealand finds itself in, this means two things:
Please be mindful that there will be a delay in our recruitment process as well as the on boarding new team members.
there will also be a delayed response to any open advertisements
We offer our sincerest apologies, however we will work diligently to keep things running as smoothly as possible.
If you have any urgent enquiries in the interim please do not hesitate to reach out to our team at CareersNZ@babcockinternational.com
Job no: BZDG02160
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Monday, 20 April 2020