Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence. We employ over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over AU$9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 900 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
About the opportunity
As our Finance team continues to grow, we are excited to offer a Management Accountant position as part of our Offshore Aviation business. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will provide support in developing budgets, preparing monthly reporting & reconciliations and conducting analytical reviews of financial data to support business decisions.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in a similar role within a large corporate or professional services environment
- The ability to develop forecasts and complete analytical reviews
- The ability to complete month end reporting and full balance sheet reconciliations
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proven experience in learning new systems and processes quickly
- Highly developed communication skills with the confidence to work with diverse stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to develop and present innovative solutions
- A high degree of resilience and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline ie Accounting or Finance
Whilst not essential, having a CA or CPA qualification or be working towards one will be highly regarded.
Being self-motivated and driven to achieve results, you are highly organised and adaptable with the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting priorities. Your initiative and proactive approach enables you to offer solutions to contribute to business success.
It’s an exciting time to join us and work within an international business!
Click on Apply to submit your application.