Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Maintenance Technician-Leading Hand/Supervisor
We have an exciting opportunity to lead and deliver safe maintenance and repairs to the fleet assets. This is a key role, providing support to our Fleet Manager. You will make decisions and be accountable for all aspects of their work scope within the boundaries of your own expertise.
You will be based in our Dry Creek Facility, working amongst a growing team. We are driving forward with flexible working, embracing new technologies and we have a great team culture.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Comply with all necessary health, safety and environmental legislation, policies and procedures when performing maintenance and repairs in line with industry best practice and the original equipment manufacturers guidelines;
- Providing technical and diagnostic assessments of equipment faults and using condition monitoring methods to prevent component failures;
- Communicating with the Support team both verbally and in writing to ensure that all relevant information is captured in the Asset Management Information System and all documents and reports are completed accurately and in detail; and
- Contributing to our continuous improvement initiative by determining root cause analysis of all part or component failures and suggesting innovative solutions to help eliminate failure reoccurrences.
- Provide Technical support and information to the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler, Inventory Management process.
The successful candidate must have:
- Relevant recognised trade certificate; Experience working in a Heavy Mobile Equipment workshop and field service environment with extensive technical abilities and hands on mechanical and problem solving, analytical skills;
- Understanding of condition monitoring principles:
- Contribute to continually improve our maintenance and repair Strategies and ensure all defects are assessed, and a failure analysis is performed.
- HR license (desirable or willing to obtain within a 3 month period)
- Demonstrated experience working in a role with a customer focus;
- The ability to work as part of a team with flexibility and a positive attitude; and
- Ability to complete documentation with a high attention to detail.
Who we are
Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock is a key contractor to Defence, emergency services and the oil and gas sectors, employing more than 1300 talented people and we’re growing.
We focus our specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate clients’ operational requirements, and our expertise across land, marine, aviation and training sectors provides engineering, sustainment and support services that keep the country moving.
To provide you some local context, here are a few things we do across air, land and sea:
- We’re in the air with emergency services, piloting and crewing air ambulances and search and rescue missions
- We keep things moving on land, with integrated asset management and engineering services for vehicle fleets and infrastructure
- We look after vessels as diverse as naval submarines and luxury yachts, with plenty in between, providing bow-to-stern sustainment and technical engineering support
Your future at Babcock – What we offer you
What sets us apart at Babcock? Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you can drive change and grow your career, we promote and foster training and development and the opportunity to be part of something BIG. Central to Babcock’s core values are health, safety and environment and diversity. If you’d like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, apply via the ‘Apply Now” button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au