Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Maintenance (Diesel) Mechanic - Heavy Mobile Equipment - Copper Triangle Area
Who we are
Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Babcock Australasia is a Defence and emergency services support company working in partnership with those who keep our communities safe and our nations secure.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock is a key contractor to Defence, emergency services and the oil and gas sectors, employing more than 1000 talented people and we’re growing.
We focus our specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate clients’ operational requirements, and our expertise across land, marine, aviation and training sectors provides engineering, sustainment and support services that keep the country moving.
To provide you some local context, here are a few things we do across air, land and sea:
- We’re in the air with emergency services, piloting and crewing air ambulances and search and rescue missions
- We keep things moving on land, with integrated asset management and engineering services for vehicle fleets and infrastructure
- We look after vessels as diverse as naval submarines and luxury yachts, with plenty in between, providing bow-to-stern sustainment and technical engineering support
About our Role – Maintenance (Diesel) Mechanic - Heavy Mobile Equipment
Based in the Copper Triangle Area at Kara resources facility at Kulpara Quarry - We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic (Heavy Mobile Equipment) to join our team at Dry Creek on a permanent FT basis. In this role you will undertake maintenance and repairs to a fleet of Quarry / Mining equipment including loaders, excavators, dump trucks, road transport trucks, trailers and ancillary assets to provide reliable equipment availability to our valued clients. The fleet comprises of predominantly Caterpillar, Komatsu, Volvo CE, Hitachi Construction and Mack Truck brands.
In this role some of activities you will contribute to are:
- Comply with all necessary health, safety and environmental legislation, policies and procedures when performing maintenance and repairs in line with industry best practice and the original equipment manufacturers guidelines;
- Providing technical and diagnostic assessments of equipment faults and using condition monitoring methods to prevent component failures;
- Communicating with the Contract Supervisor both verbally and in writing to ensure that all relevant information is captured in the Asset Management Information System and all documents and reports are completed accurately and in detail
- Contributing to our continuous improvement initiative by determining root cause analysis of all part or component failures and suggesting innovative solutions to help eliminate failure reoccurrences.
The ideal candidate will have
- Relevant recognised trade certificate, heavy diesel mechanic qualification desirable
- Heavy Rigid or Heavy Combination driver’s license (desirable)
- Experience working in a Heavy Mobile Equipment workshop and field service environment with extensive technical abilities and hands on mechanical and problem solving, analytical skills;
- Dogging certificate (desirable);
- The ability to work as part of a team with flexibility and a positive attitude
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
What sets us apart at Babcock? Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you can drive change and grow your career! We promote and foster training and development, have a flexible approach to work and offer the opportunity to be part of something BIG.
We have a team of extraordinary people that come to work and make a difference. We are part of an organisation that helps in keeping our Nations Secure and our Communities Safe.
Central to Babcock’s core values are health, safety and environment and diversity. If you’d like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, apply via the ‘Apply Now” button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
Job no: BSAJ02128-1
Location: Adelaide - SA
Closing Date: Monday, 8 June 2020