Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
RNZN Vessel Care and Custody Logistics Specialist
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence, with over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over NZ $9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role:
In this role, you will be reporting to the Care and Custody Engineer Officer
- Management of all stores holdings onboard including the security of and accounting for all items
- Management of all stores transactions onboard IAW RNZN/NZDF Material Management Policy and Procedures
- Liaise with the RNZN supply chain to forecasts for ship stores requirements accurately and in a timely manner
- Liaise with the RNZN Care and Custody team to ensure all stores and sparring is available for OLM and breakdown activities
- Support and be part of the RNZN Care and Custody Team providing Commercial Management of ships in maintenance
We are looking for an experienced Logistics Specialist, preferably within a marine engineering environment. You will be able to demonstrate some of the following types of skill sets and experience:
- Knowledge of SAP and AMPS
- Previous RNZN or RAN experience
- Strong communication skills -both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
In return, we offer the opportunity to work in a great location, on challenging, rewarding projects with total support and commitment from a hands-on leadership team. Drawing on the substantial experience of Babcock International, this is a career defining opportunity for someone who can drive change and influence people.
What’s in it for you:
As a successful Logistics Specialist, you will have the opportunity to work on both commercial and Navy vessels. You will have the opportunity to further grow and develop your career while working with a team of experienced engineers.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
On behalf of Babcock NZ, we wish you all the best in the coming weeks. Please look after each other and kia kaha.
Due to the current circumstance that New Zealand finds itself in, this means two things:
Please be mindful that there will be a delay in our recruitment process as well as the on boarding new team members.
there will also be a delayed response to any open advertisements
We offer our sincerest apologies, however we will work diligently to keep things running as smoothly as possible.
If you have any urgent enquiries in the interim please do not hesitate to reach out to our team at CareersNZ@babcockinternational.com
Job no: CEAJ02185
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Monday, 20 April 2020