Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
In New Zealand and across Australia, Babcock employs over 1000 talented people. Operating across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy, we support our customers’ technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people. In many ways, we are the brand behind the brand. You may not always see our logo, but we are behind the scenes using specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate our client’s operational requirements.
A global solution being delivered locally. www.babcock.com.au
Babcock is excited to partner with Air New Zealand in delivering an exciting and diverse contract to support the asset management and sustainment activities for Ground Support Equipment (GSE) in locations nationally and internationally. Working with Air New Zealand as its trusted asset management partner, Babcock is delivering a customised and innovative asset management solution to drive reliability and efficiency improvements of equipment and provide significant long-term capability and cost benefits.
In order to support the introduction and ongoing delivery of this contract we now have a number of exciting opportunities for Diesel Technicians to join our team based near the Auckland airport.
About the role?
As a successful Leading Hand, you will be part of our organization that strives for merit and has the best practice within a global organisation with an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. We require you to lead and deliver the safe maintenance/repairs of fleet assets as required and achieve standard job labour hours targets in line with budgeted costs.
The Leading Hand reports to the Workshop Manager (Air New Zealand)
- Ensure all maintenance and repair work performed meets the original equipment manufacturer's recommendations in line with local legislation, Babcock standards and industry's best practice
- Lead the team to ensure that we safely perform condition based maintenance and repair tasks on fleet assets in a controlled manner to meet operational demands and maximise equipment availability to the customer
- Provide the necessary technical support and information to the Maintenance Planner/ Scheduler
- Contribute to the inventory management processes and monitor parts and consumables requirements and stock levels
- Ensure all defects are assessed, and a root cause failure analysis is performed for all repairs
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working Leading Hand;
- Relevant and recognized trade certificate/ heavy diesel mechanic qualification
- Drivers license - Heavy Rigid or Heavy Combination would be a distinct advantage
- Experience and an understanding of condition monitoring principles and how they affect the fleet owning and operating costs
- Experience of working within a strong health, safety, environmental and quality management culture
- Competence in operating Ground Support Equipment for testing purposes
What’s In it for You:
4 days on and 4 days off - Great work/life balance
Work in a globally recognized company – gain internationally recognized experience
FREE onsite Parking – don’t worry about parking fees.
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
On behalf of Babcock NZ, we wish you all the best in the coming weeks. Please look after each other and kia kaha.
Due to the current circumstance that New Zealand finds itself in, this means two things:
Please be mindful that there will be a delay in our recruitment process as well as the on boarding new team members.
there will also be a delayed response to any open advertisements
We offer our sincerest apologies, however we will work diligently to keep things running as smoothly as possible.
If you have any urgent enquiries in the interim please do not hesitate to reach out to our team at CareersNZ@babcockinternational.com
Job no: CKAJ02194
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Monday, 20 April 2020