Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9.5 billion in 2018/19, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within our four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 1,000 talented people. Operating across aviation, marine, oil and gas, mining and construction, cyber security, defence, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy, we support our customers’ technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people. In many ways, we are the brand behind the brand. You may not always see our logo, but we are behind the scenes using specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate our client’s operational requirements.
A global solution being delivered locally.
We currently have an exciting and newly created opportunity for a recently graduated or soon to graduate electronics or mechatronics engineer to join our high performing engineering team. This position will be based in our state of the art Australasian Headquarters in the Adelaide CBD.
The key accountabilities for this new position will include but not be limited to:
- Work within and be active in creating a safe and supportive environment
- Analyse project, engineering and maintenance data and present detailed reports
- Identify potential risk and communicate within the project team
- Create technical reporting documentation and supporting data
- Present technical information and communicate across project team
- Work closely & assist our business partner to deliver project, engineering and maintenance activities
As part of the Babcock Engineering team, you will provide technical engineering support across the project teams ensuring that engineering activities are undertaken in a manner that delivers commercial value, manages risk and meets business partner requirements and expectations.
As the ideal candidate, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Have a highly committed and motivated attitude with the drive to succeed and develop
- Degree or soon to complete a qualification in Electronic or Mechatronics engineering
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to use initiative and priorities workload,
- Be detailed focused and driven to deliver a high standard of customer satisfaction
- Ability to analyse data and identify and implement improvement activities
- Work autonomously and part of a team as required
An interest or experience in implementing IoT innovation and solutions for fleet vehicles in the defence and commercial sectors would highly desirable
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety, environment, and diversity, so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below.
Eligibility for an Australian Defence Security Clearance will be taken into account in assessing an applicant’s suitability for this role.If you want to be part of an exciting new future with our Company, then please apply now.
Job no: ERAI91335
Location: Adelaide - SA
Closing Date: Friday, 13 December 2019