Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer
About the Centre of Engineering – Design Team
At Babcock our Centre of Engineering serve as the Design Authority for the Maritime Engineering Support Team (MEST) serving the Royal New Zealand Navy (RNZN). As the Navy’s strategic maritime partner, we provide complete engineering, maintenance, repair and overhaul services to the entire fleet. We also undertake ship conversions, life extensions, retrofits and major repairs in dry-dock or in water for our customers. We are currently in an exciting phase of growth to deliver a portfolio of programmes in both defence and commercial sectors for Aotearoa.
About the Role
This role reports to the Design Manager
The Design team (within the Centre of Engineering) delivers engineering change projects to the RNZN Fleet. These projects vary in size, complexity and type, you could be working on anything from replacing a piece of obsolete equipment to designing a world’s first modification which provides a ship with new capability. In this role you will work closely with the Design Engineers to provide subject matter expertise and evaluate supportability of engineering designs and changes.
- Identifying and defining the maintenance and support tasks required.
- Identifying the need for spares, including assisting with procurement and coding of spares.
- Defining technical scope for in-service support contracts and skills/training requirements.
- Developing Operational Procedures (with support) and ensuring all publications and technical information and drawings are updated.
- Conducting capability and operational safety assessments, risk assessments, and logistic support analysis studies.
We are looking for experienced engineers with asset management and Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) experience, preferably within a marine engineering environment. You will need to demonstrate some of the following types of skills and experience:
- Engineering degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of naval operations, ILS engineering principles and regulatory frameworks
- Experience in engineering maintenance or support environments, preferably in a maritime defence environment.
- Demonstrated success in asset management and delivering projects in an engineering industry.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and cope with pressure and ambiguity.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to assess stakeholders and engage at appropriate levels to achieve desired outcomes.
What we offer:
- Drawing on the substantial experience of Babcock International, this is a career defining opportunity for someone who can drive change and influence people.
- We offer flexible working and a fascinating naval marine environment to work within, as part of the team who works in partnership with the Navy.
- Located on the Devonport Naval Base, you’ll be on site with our customer and can see the results of your hard work first-hand.
Babcock New Zealand is part of the Babcock International Group, a leading provider of critical engineering services which support national defence, save lives and protect communities. In New Zealand our team of over 300 talented people work closely with our customers and partners to understand them inside out, building deep relationships based on trust to solve complex challenges and deliver value. We do this through our people’s commitment to excellence and our adoption of technology. Our people are critical to our ability to deliver our strategic goals, and our core values are health, safety, the environment, and being inclusive.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and be able to satisfy medical, safety and security checks in order to obtain a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.