Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Fleet Asset Manager
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence, with over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over NZ $9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role:
You will be working within the Centre of Engineering team who serve as the Design Authority for the Maritime Engineering Support Team (MEST) serving the Royal New Zealand Navy (RNZN). The outputs of the Centre of Engineering provide the overall authority for design, guidance, advice and marine engineering operational support to meet the needs of our customers. You will be required to work in an office based environment, but with access to the RNZN Fleet within the shipyard, to maintain the required performance and reliability of the fleet, capture and analyse the material condition and system performance. Undertake technical investigations in system reliability; identify maintenance requirements to maintain performance and reliability.
We are looking for an inspirational leader with substantial experience in an Engineering specialist role and proven success in a Management / Leadership position. You will be able to demonstrate some of the following types of skillsets and experience:
- Project Management and Governance.
- Management level strategy development.
- Knowledge of naval operations, engineering principles and regulatory frameworks.
- Maintenance engineering and reliability improvement experience.
- Demonstrated success in asset management and delivering engineering projects in the marine industry.
- Displays authentic and inspirational leadership attributes.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and cope with pressure and ambiguity.
- Customer focussed, cultivating a culture of mutual respect, collaboration and cooperation.
- Ability to drive change and cultivate a culture of continuous improvement in line with the requirements of the business.
- Chartered Professional Engineer Status would be essential
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Job no: CEAQ91231
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2019