Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Facilities and Maintenance Manager
Babcock NZ is a leading provider of critical engineering services which support national defence, save lives and protect communities. In New Zealand our team of over 300 talented people work closely with our customers and supply partners to solve complex challenges and deliver value. We do this through our people’s commitment to excellence and the adoption of technology. Our people are critical to our ability to deliver our strategic goals, and our values ensure we are protecting the environment, welcoming diversity, and sending our people home safe every day. Those who protect and serve the Nation depend on us.
A global solution being delivered locally. www.babcock.nz
About the role:
You will be accountable for support services such as; cleaning, waste, utilities, security and parking. Making sure the environment is in a suitable condition and safe for our employees, as well as managing the maintenance programme for all plant, machinery and leased assets. All while managing the capital (CAPEX) investment programme for the organisation.
This role would suit a skilled person with an engineering background, who has a broad range of experience - someone who is happy getting onto the tools when required, right through to implementing an asset management tool to support the future of the organisation.
Your day could involve a range of tasks from ordering new rigger equipment and life jackets to planning an annual maintenance package for the dry dock crane, liaising with Defence Estate to plan work while supporting, maintaining and developing the client relationship. We need someone with the skill set to cover all requirements of the role.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone who has the following attributes:
- Engineering background
- Experience with defence estate will be highly valuable
- Hands on knowledge as well as understanding the corporate approach and vision
- A solid understanding of asset management tools
- Strong experience in complex industrial and facility management
- Strong Health & Safety focus
- Comes from a varied and vast facilities and maintenance background
- Worked in a complex environment (ports, mines, manufacturing, etc.) that has no limitations on the skills you need to complete tasks
- Self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment
- Experience managing varied and complex workload
- Technical knowledge of building services
- Ability to make decisions quickly considering second and third order factors.
- Lateral thinker and inquisitive
- Robust interpersonal and organisation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Exquisite communication skills – both oral and written
We are looking for someone who has the experience and the ability to take the bull by the horns and deliver in a driven and complex environment.
What’s in it for you?
Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you can drive change and grow your career, we promote and foster training and development and the opportunity to be part of something BIG.
Our business is ever expanding and there are endless opportunities to show off your skill set in an environment that not only encourages ideas but seeks them.
This is a great opportunity to join our team of highly experienced and skilled people and to develop your skills even more. This is a hugely rewarding role as you will have the support, resources and encouragement to learn from technical experts and bring your ideas to work.
We offer flexible working and a fascinating naval marine environment to work within, as part of the Navy extended team. Babcock’s dockyard facility is located within the Royal NZ Navy’s, Devonport Naval Base on Auckland’s North Shore. This picturesque location is ideally positioned for anyone who may wish to use the Devonport or Stanley Bay ferry.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and be able to satisfy medical, safety and security checks in order to obtain a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Job no: S - FMM
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Saturday, 3 October 2020