Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
EOI - Purchasing Officer
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9.5 billion in 2018/19, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within our four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 850 talented people. Operating across aviation, marine, oil and gas, mining and construction, cyber security, defence, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy, we support our customers’ technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people. In many ways, we are the brand behind the brand. You may not always see our logo, but we are behind the scenes using specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate our client’s operational requirements.
A global solution being delivered locally.
About the Role
We are calling for expressions of interest for a Purchasing Officer who will Report to the Purchasing Team Leader. This role will be responsible for partnering with the business to provide contracts and purchasing and procurement services and advice ensuring that both are undertaken in a manner that delivers commercial value, manages risk and meets probity requirements.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure processes are in place to effectively manage supplier and inventory related activities, in order to minimise risk to the business in the areas of quality, on-time delivery and cost;
- Support the on-time delivery of orders from suppliers, ensuring their performance is as per contractual requirements and benchmark standards;
- Effective and accurate management of inventory and controlled parts utilising Babcock and client systems;
- Review and update of business processes to support continuous improvement strategies and the effectiveness of the procurement/inventory/purchasing processes;
- Support the adequate and appropriate supply of products and services for Operations in accordance with purchasing requests;
- Support the timely input of requests into the existing data system and adequate follow-up of outstanding/overdue orders;
- Ensure contractors documentation (public liability insurance, work cover registration, licenses
& tickets etc.) is up to date at all times;
- Conduct stocktakes and reconcile findings;
- Improve efficiency through the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives as per internal processes
- Ensure all stakeholders are provided with accurate purchasing updates on all project related orders at meetings;
- Monitor and maintain the contractors induction and work permit register
- Support the disposal for equipment and parts via the life cycle management process.
- Maintain and work on the development of reporting for aligned performance indicators
This role will align with an experienced Purchasing Officer that has a proven track record of delivery within a defence, logistics, manufacturing or technical engineering organisation. You will be an experienced Purchasing Officer preferably with tertiary level qualifications within an associated discipline. You will have an excellent interpersonal and analytical skill set. Additionally you will be a confident team player that has a passion for identifying and driving change and enjoys working within a team environment but can also work autonomously as required. You will have exceptional time management and organisational experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work load and timeframes with a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will have high level computer skills and have a proven ability to adapt and learn new systems and processes quickly. Familiarity with defence purchasing, MILIS and inventory systems would be advantageous.
The successful candidate must hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety, environment, and diversity, so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below.
Job no: JEAP91694
Location: Adelaide - SA
Closing Date: Sunday, 3 November 2019