Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence, with over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over NZ $9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role:
In this role, you will be reporting to the Care and Custody Senior Electrical Engineer
- Support the Care and Custody Senior Electrical Engineer when providing R&M of all Electrical devices on board Royal New Zealand Navy ships
- Monitor the safety of personnel, as well as the asset during working hours, and when on rostered duty
- Assist with progress reporting and scheduling for RNZN vessels
- Complete all Operational Level Maintenance on the ships
- Be part of the duty watch, keeping roster for fay work and after hours monitoring of RNZN ships
- Continually explore ways to enhance the team's way of working for the benefit of the business
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer, preferably within a marine engineering environment. You will be able to demonstrate some of the following types of skill sets and experience:
- Relevant electrical high and low maintenance experience
- Electrical trade qualification
- Marine shipboard maintenance experience
- Electrical registration (preferred)
- Professional organisation membership (preferred)
- Previous RAN or RNZN experience (preferred)
In return, we offer the opportunity to work in a great location, on challenging, rewarding projects with total support and commitment from a hands-on leadership team. Drawing on the substantial experience of Babcock International, this is a career defining opportunity for someone who can drive change and influence people.
What’s in it for you:
As a successful Electrical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on both commercial and Navy vessels. You will have the opportunity to further grow and develop your career while working with a team of experienced engineers.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Job no: BVAK02145
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Sunday, 7 June 2020