Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around $9 billion in 2016/17, we improve the capability, reliability and availability of our customers’ most critical assets across Marine, Land and Aviation sectors.
About the Role
In this role you will be part of a team that undertakes the inspection, repair, maintenance and trials of various Royal New Zealand Navy and Commercial Ships Diesel Engines and auxiliary components, as required and achieve equipment availability targets in line with budgeted costs.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Practice and promote Health, Safety, and Environmental compliance during all operations and participate in the development and maintenance of a culture in which health, safety and environmental management is everyone’s key priority
- Comply with all relevant Quality Management policies, procedures and processes
- Ensure all maintenance and repair work performed meets the original equipment manufacturer’s recommendations in line with local legislation, Babcock standards and industry best practice
- Record and document all work performed in the required format
- Project a professional image in front of our clients and the public at all times
- Safely perform and continually improve our condition based maintenance and repair tasks and strategies on equipment
- Record symptom, failing component, and cause details in work orders
- Actively participate in personal training and development to keep up to date with latest industry best practice, technologies and regulations
- Ensure the workshop, service vehicles and facilities are kept clean and tidy and industry best practice contamination control is practiced at all times
To be successful in this role you will need to hold a Trade Certificate as a Diesel Technician and have proven work experience in repair workshop or on-board ship environments. You will display a high standard of workmanship along with excellent Mechanical and Electrical Diagnostic skills which are essential for this role. Ideally you will also have been exposed to maintenance on Slow, Medium and High speed Diesel Engines.
Advanced Trade Certificate and certification in Fork Hoist Operation, First Aid, Slinging and Overhead Crane Operation would be desirable.
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Job no: AHAM01990
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Thursday, 6 February 2020