Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
In New Zealand and across Australia, Babcock employs over 1000 talented people. Operating across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy, we support our customers’ technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people. In many ways, we are the brand behind the brand. You may not always see our logo, but we are behind the scenes using specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate our client’s operational requirements.
A global solution being delivered locally. www.babcock.nz
Babcock is excited to partner with Air New Zealand in delivering an exciting and diverse contract to support the asset management and sustainment activities for Ground Support Equipment (GSE) in locations nationally and internationally. Working with Air New Zealand as its trusted asset management partner, Babcock is delivering a customised and innovative asset management solution to drive reliability and efficiency improvements of equipment and provide significant long-term capability and cost benefits.
In order to support the introduction and ongoing delivery of this contract we now have a number of exciting opportunities for Diesel Technicians to join our team based near the Auckland airport.
About the Role
The Diesel Technician role is responsible for safely undertaking the maintenance and repairs of GSE assets for maintaining equipment availability.
$30+ per hour plus additional on-call allowances
Key responsibilities will include:
- Practice and promote Health, Safety, and Environmental compliance during all operations and participate in the development and maintenance of a culture in which health, safety and environmental management is everyone’s key priority
- Ensure all maintenance and repair work performed meets the original equipment manufacturer’s recommendations in line with local legislation, Babcock standards and industry best practice
- Safely perform and continually improve our condition based maintenance and repair tasks and strategies on heavy equipment, vehicles and ancillary equipment
- Record symptom, failing component, and cause details in work orders
- Update our real time electronic work ordering system with ipad at all work stages
- Work as part of a team and communicate effectively to support the Supervisor and Administrator by completing administration tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Actively participate in personalised training and development to keep up to date with latest industry best practice, technologies and regulations.
These roles will align with diesel trade qualified technicians that have a proven track record within the asset maintenance and repair of Ground Support Equipment or Heavy Equipment environment ideally gained within the airline industry.
- You will be a confident communicator and team player with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your workload with a strong attention to detail. A Heavy Rigid or Heavy Combination licence would be highly regarded.
- Heavy diesel mechanic qualification
- A Heavy Rigid or Heavy Combination licence would be highly regarded
- You will need to be able to obtain an airside drivers permit (which we will assist you with); as well as an Airside Security Clearance
- Applicants must legally be entitled to work in New Zealand
- Availability to undertake a roster consisting of four days on, and four days off (12 hour shifts – current roster is 5am or 10am starts)
- Tech Savvy – enjoy working with new technology to manage work orders and tasks
What’s In it for You:
- 4 days on and 4 days off - Great work/life balance
- Work in a globally recognised company – gain internationally recognised experience
- FREE onsite Parking – don’t worry about parking fees.
Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Job no: KUAO91866
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Thursday, 20 February 2020