Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9.5 billion in 2018/19, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within our four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 850 talented people. Operating across aviation, marine, oil and gas, mining and construction, cyber security, defence, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy, we support our customers’ technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people. In many ways, we are the brand behind the brand. You may not always see our logo, but we are behind the scenes using specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate our client’s operational requirements.
A global solution being delivered locally.
Naval Ship Management (NSM) is a Joint Venture between Babcock and UGL and currently has an exciting newly created opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Compliance Manager to join the Naval Ship Management (NSM) based in Adelaide.
NSM’s Compliance Manager will lead, develop and support the application and implementation of export control compliance obligations for the NSM business and its projects. This includes ensuring compliance with all company import and export control policies and procedures and compliance with relevant export control laws and regulations from around the world.
To be the successful candidate for this position you will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Develop strategies to ensure that all business units comply with the requirements of U.S. (ITAR, EAR), U.K., Australian and all other applicable export control regulations
- Act as a key interface with statutory authorities for all regulatory matters in relation to applicable legislative and regulatory frameworks
- Provide subject matter expertise to management, teams and individuals relating to export and trade controls in relation to both current projects and future business growth strategies
- Create policies, procedures, frameworks and education that guarantees compliance and awareness for all internal stakeholders
- Develop a reporting, governance and audit framework to ensure regulatory compliance, identification of risks, implementation of corrective actions and appropriate reporting at both the local and group executive level
- Oversee strategies and practices in relation to site security and security clearance processes
This role will align with an experienced Import/Export compliance professional that has a proven track record of delivery within a complex environment. You will ideally have supporting tertiary qualifications within an associated discipline and have an excellent interpersonal and analytical skill set. Additionally you will be a confident team player that has a passion for identifying and driving change and enjoys working within a team environment but can also work autonomously as required. You will have exceptional time management and organisational experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work load and timeframes with a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will have high level computer skills and have a proven ability to adapt and learn new systems and processes quickly.
In return NSM offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
Job no: HFAJ91500-1
Location: Adelaide - SA
Closing Date: Friday, 4 October 2019