Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9.5 billion in 2018/19, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within our four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 850 talented people. Operating across aviation, marine, oil and gas, mining and construction, cyber security, defence, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy, we support our customers’ technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people. In many ways, we are the brand behind the brand. You may not always see our logo, but we are behind the scenes using specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate our client’s operational requirements.
A global solution being delivered locally.
Naval Ship Management (NSM) is a Joint Venture between Babcock and UGL. NSM is a key Alliance Partner in the Warship Asset Management Agreement that provides asset management and sustainment for the ANZAC Class vessels for the Royal Australian Navy.
NSM currently has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Commercial Officer to join the NSM team based in Henderson, Western Australia.
About the Role
The Commercial Officer is responsible for providing commercial support to the business in support of corporate requirements and in the pursuit, assessment, negotiation and implementation of head contracts and associated agreements including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements and Subcontract Agreements.
This role will report to the Pre Contracts Manager and the basic responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Coordinate the provision of external legal advice to the business including in support of existing programs as directed by the Pre-Contracts Manager
• Maintain corporate registers, and soft and hard-copy filing structures related to commercial documentation and obligations
• Provide commercial support in the review, negotiation and implementation of leases as directed by the Pre-Contracts Manager
• Administer and manage corporate agreements as required
• Undertake commercial analysis of new business opportunities
• Contribute to detailed commercial and legal review of head contract documentation for new business opportunities
• Establish and administer associated NDAs, Teaming Agreements, MOUs and RFQs as required by new business opportunities and in accordance with company standards
• Provide input to commercial volume responses for new business opportunities as part of integrated bid team
• Assist in implementation of awarded contracts through development of applicable Management Plans and Rights and Obligations Matrices.
• Provide commercial support to the Strategic Procurement team to enable development, implementation and negotiation of subcontract agreements or appropriate terms and conditions that equitably transfer risk and fulfil any head contract obligations
• Provide commercial support to the Strategic Procurement team to enable effective management, administration and benchmarking of subcontract agreements.
The ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified in an associated field and will have extensive experience in a similar role within a technical environment. You will have exceptional time management experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your workload and timeframes in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, an ability to be able to communicate at all levels of the business and across all internal and external stakeholders is considered essential in order to be successful in this position. The successful candidate will have high level MS Offices computer skills and have a proven ability to adapt and learn new systems and processes. Experience of government contracts will be highly regarded.
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
Job no: GZEM91480
Location: Henderson - WA
Closing Date: Friday, 6 September 2019