Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
About the role:
The Category Lead is responsible for managing purchasing categories within in New Zealand, as well as supporting Australasia’s cross-sector category strategies led by the Category Manager. This includes working with business stakeholders to define business requirements; benchmarking (create baseline of) current state performance; through market analysis and undertaking market capability & opportunity analysis.
Reporting to the Supply Chain and Procurement Manager
Babcock New Zealand is part of the Babcock International Group, a leading provider of critical engineering services which support national defence, save lives and protect communities. In New Zealand our team of 360 talented people work closely with our customers and partners to understand them, building deep relationships based on trust to solve complex challenges and deliver value.
this through our people’s commitment to excellence and our adoption of
technology. This is critical to our ability to deliver our strategic goals, and
our core values are health, safety, environment, and being inclusive.
- Take full ownership of categories that are unique to the sector
- Leading and managing local stakeholders
- Support the Category Manager in developing and implementing category strategies
- Implement Babcock’s Category Management model and related standards
- Develop, lead and execute category plans and sourcing strategies
- Ensure that sourcing strategies are in accordance with Babcock’s standards
- Develop and manage subcontracts and supplier agreements
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience in a related role
- Business Degree that is appropriate for this role
- Understanding of Category Management, supply chain, risk assessments
- Good knowledge of contract law with exposure to defence or government industry
- Cost accounting experience
- Ability to read financial statements
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
What we offer:
- Flexible working options
- Fascinating naval marine environment to work in (We work with the Navy)
- Located on the Devonport Naval Base (Offices have great sea views!)
- Training and Induction provided
- Friendly, supportive Team environment
- Competitive remuneration package
Applicants must be legally
entitled to work in New Zealand, be able to satisfy medical, safety and
security checks to obtain a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.