Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Care and Custody Manager
RNZN Vessel Care and Custody Manager
Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around $9 billion in 2016/17, we improve the capability, reliability and availability of our customers’ most critical assets across Marine, Land and Aviation sectors.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role?
As a successful Care and Custody Manager, you will be part of our organization that strives for merit and has the best practice within a global organisation with an enviable reputation for delivering excellence.
The Care and Custody Manager reports to the Assistant Chief Engineer
- Provide leadership and oversight of the RNZN Vessel Care and Custody team
- Ensure that all vessels subject the Care and Custody arrangement are effectively managed with a strong focus on safety of personnel and safety of asset.
- Provide clear direction and instruction in policies, procedures and work instructions to support vessels under a Care and Custody arrangement
- Maintain, operate and deliver the vessel to the RNZN at the required level of operational availability IAW the agreed NZDF deliverables
- Manage team outputs to budget and schedule supporting the identification of risks and supporting the development and governance of corrective action plans
- Look for the opportunities to assign ownership for change within the team, enabling accountability for success at all levels of the organization
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working manager:;
- Relevant Engineering Qualification (BEng, Btech, or diploma)
- 10-15 years of leadership and management experience within the maritime industry
- Experience in liaising with an IACS organisation
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Lateral thinker and inquisitive
Babcock’s dockyard facility is located within the Royal NZ Navy’s, Devonport Naval Base on Auckland’s North Shore. This picturesque location is ideally positioned for anyone who may wish to use the Devonport or Stanley Bay ferry.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force Security Clearance.
On behalf of Babcock NZ, we wish you all the best in the coming weeks. Please look after each other and kia kaha.
Due to the current circumstance that New Zealand finds itself in, this means two things:
Please be mindful that there will be a delay in our recruitment process as well as the on boarding new team members.
there will also be a delayed response to any open advertisements
We offer our sincerest apologies, however we will work diligently to keep things running as smoothly as possible.
If you have any urgent enquiries in the interim please do not hesitate to reach out to our team at CareersNZ@babcockinternational.com
Job no: CEAM02187
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Sunday, 14 June 2020