Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
CAD Engineer and Configuration Officer
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9.5 billion in 2018/19, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within our four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training. We currently have an exciting full time permanent opportunity for an experienced and professional CAD Engineer/ Configuration Officer to join our high performing team based at our Osborne facility.
About the Role
The role will report to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for delivering configuration support and oversight for Babcock change management activities and drive continuous improvement of the change management processes and configuration management system.
Additionally this role will provide design and detail drawing support for various engineering projects, including preparation and authorisation of manufacturing drawings, assembly drawings, Bills of Materials and associated documentation.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure all data, part and associated defining documents are correctly recorded in the configuration management system;
- Maintain change control oversight of technical data and related records;
- Provide change status reports for management of change at project level;
- Produce Configuration Status Account (CSA) reports and other configuration deliverables as required;
- Assist in the maintenance of processes, procedures and tools of the configuration management system;
- Develop and maintain designs and drawings associated with current and emergent projects;
- Provide technical and design support to activities associated with project activities;
- Authorise updates and modifications to manufacturing detail drawings;
- Attend and participate in internal and customer project design reviews.
This role will align with an experienced CAD Design Engineer who has experience managing configuration items on complex defence, manufacturing or technical engineering programmes and possess an excellent interpersonal and analytical skill set. Additionally you will be a confident team player that has a passion for identifying and driving change and enjoys working within a team environment but can also work autonomously as required. You will have exceptional time management and organisational experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your workload and timeframes with a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will have high-level competencies in Siemens Teamcenter PLM and NX applications and have a proven ability to adapt and learn new systems and processes quickly.
The successful candidate must hold or be eligible to obtain
an Australian Defence Security Clearance
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Job no: FRAQ91404
Location: Osborne - SA
Closing Date: Thursday, 8 August 2019