Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Business Development Lead - Marine
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our high performing Marine defence team. The Business Development Manager has accountability for the pro-active identification and pursuit of business opportunities. The position is responsible for developing the awareness of the Babcock capability and value proposition within Industry, and actively seeking and cultivating business and strategic partnership opportunities within the Australasian region in support of the Babcock growth strategy. The position will have a particular focus on actively developing business opportunities within the defence industries.
This position will be based in our Australasian headquarters in the Adelaide CBD
To ensure your success in the
role, ideally you will be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of
Defence, Government and Industry procurement practices. You will be a thought
leader within the organisation and drive the development and execution of
In addition you will have proven experience in the following areas:
- Driving opportunities through to bids and ultimately converting them to sales
- Promoting a culture of active 2 way engagement with all prospective customers and internal and external stakeholders
- Strong understanding of services contracts and providing customer focused services in a high performance environment
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Supportive and results driven personnel leadership and management
- Experience in winning strategy development
- Able to drive new opportunities and manage governance pipelines
- Experience of stakeholder engagement within Navy and wider Commonwealth
- Knowledge of Procurement and Acquisition within Defence
- Understanding of CASG, Defence Primes and ideally ASDEFCON
- Desire and gravitas to lead and grow a major Defence business
- Former Senior Naval Officers with relevant experience will be considered favourably
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance
Who we are
Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock is a key contractor to Defence, emergency services and the oil and gas sectors, employing more than 1300 talented people and we’re growing.
We focus our specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate clients’ operational requirements, and our expertise across land, marine, aviation and training sectors provides engineering, sustainment and support services that keep the country moving.
To provide you some local context, here are a few things we do across air, land and sea:
- We’re in the air with emergency services, piloting and crewing air ambulances and search and rescue missions
- We keep things moving on land, with integrated asset management and engineering services for vehicle fleets and infrastructure
- We look after vessels as diverse as naval submarines and luxury yachts, with plenty in between, providing bow-to-stern sustainment and technical engineering support
Your future at Babcock – What we offer you
What sets us apart at Babcock? Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you can drive change and grow your career, we promote and foster training and development and the opportunity to be part of something BIG. Central to Babcock’s core values are health, safety and environment and diversity. If you’d like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, apply via the ‘Apply Now” button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au