Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Base Chief Engineer
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the
aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly
skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand,
Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,000 talented people, and we are on a path
of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence,
commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and
engineering consultancy. In many ways, we are the brand behind the brand. You
may not always see our logo, but we are behind the scenes using specialist
skills and knowledge to facilitate our client’s operational requirements. To
provide you some local context, some of the programs our team are proud to be a
part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
About the role
exists for an experienced Base Chief
Engineer to join our Aviation & Critical Services team in
Warrnambool. This role is in support of
our Air Ambulance Victoria Contract on a standard Monday to Friday roster with
an on-call requirement.
You will be
responsible for local oversight and management of day to day airworthiness
matters and be responsible for the co-ordination and planning of maintenance on
one (1) AW139 under a regional fleet model which will be located in Warrnambool, Victoria. The regional fleet
model includes six (6) AW139’s that can be rotated in and out of the Warrnambool
To be considered for this role,
it’s essential that you have:
- CASA B1.3 licence with AW139 Aircraft type rating including PT6C-67C (E15 and E1, E4, E5 and/or E7 exclusions removed is desirable).
- Extensive maintenance experience on the AW139 Aircraft.
- Demonstrated ability to forecast, plan and execute maintenance activities within contracted allowances.
- Experience in leading a technical team and delegating tasks and responsibility appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to manage aircraft support/role equipment.
- Well-developed influencing skills with the ability to resolve conflict.
- Professional presentation and the ability to be represent Babcock to the client.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience working in a 24/7
EMS/SAR operations is desirable.
Your future at Babcock –
what we offer you
What sets us apart at Babcock?
- Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you can drive change and grow your career;
- We promote and foster training and development;
- Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment, and diversity;
- The opportunity to be a part of something BIG!
So if you would like to be part
of the Babcock team, then please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au