Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Base Chief Engineer - Bendigo Base
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9.5 billion in 2018/19, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within our four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 850 talented people. Operating across aviation, marine, oil and gas, mining and construction, cyber security, defence, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy, we support our customers’ technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people. In many ways, we are the brand behind the brand. You may not always see our logo, but we are behind the scenes using specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate our client’s operational requirements.
A global solution being delivered locally.
This role is in support of our Air Ambulance Victoria Contract on a standard Monday to Friday roster with an on-call requirement.
This positon includes the coordination and planning of maintenance on one (1) AW139 under a regional fleet model which will be located in Bendigo, Victoria. The regional fleet model includes six (6) AW139’s that can be rotated in and out of the Bendigo region.
The requirements for the position are:
- Must be AW139 Aircraft type rated including PT6C-67C (with E15 and E1,E4,E5 and/or E7 exclusions removed desirable)
Other Key attributes:
- Provide local oversight and management of day to day airworthiness matters.
- Demonstrated ability to forecast, plan and execute maintenance activities within contracted allowances.
- Experience in leading a technical team and delegating tasks and responsibility appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to manage aircraft support/role equipment.
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to positively engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed influencing skills with the ability to resolve conflict.
- Professional presentation and the ability to be represent Babcock to the client is essential.
- You will have exceptional time management and organisational experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your workload and timeframes with a strong attention to detail.
- Maintenance experience on the AW139 Aircraft.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience working in a 24/7 EMS/SAR operations is desirable
Babcock is committed to creating an organisational environment that proactively acquires and manages efficient and effective staff with the skills, capabilities and attitudes necessary to support our business in achieving its corporate goals.
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety, environment, and diversity, so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below.
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
Job no: KZCK91893
Location: Bendigo - Vic
Closing Date: Friday, 27 December 2019