Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Aviation Business Development Manager
We currently have a permanent opportunity for an experienced Aviation Business Development Manager to join our high performing Corporate Services team and support the growth of our Aviation operations.
This role will develop, through research, analysis
and engagement, new business opportunities in both the civilian and Defence Aviation
sector to support the strategic growth agenda for the Babcock Aviation Operations.
Generate, pursue and deliver business growth through managing relationships
with new and existing clients.
This position will be based in our Adelaide CBD office.
The areas of responsibility will include but not be limited to:
- Management of the Australasian pipeline to ensure accuracy and completeness of information and timely reporting of all pipeline related Group submissions.
- Evaluating and managing strategic business opportunities, initiatives, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures to make recommendations for the Aviation sector.
- Supporting the financial, commercial and strategic aspects of bids, with responsibility for delivery of specific aspects of major bids and lead role in development of smaller scale Aviation bids; including preparation of pricing models related to bids and tenders and associated gate review presentations.
- Preparation and delivery of commercial and market research related to the Australasian business.
- Contract and project support/management and delivery for Aviation contracts.
- Providing regular and consistent reporting to the Head of Business Development and Aviation Managing Director.
- Providing guidance and advice to maximise internal and external opportunities for the Aviation Business Unit.
- Evaluating and optimising the preferred solution ensuring that it remains aligned to the requirements, bid scope, time, cost and quality objectives for Aviation.
Who we are
Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock is a key contractor to Defence, emergency services and the oil and gas sectors, employing more than 1300 talented people and we’re growing.
We focus our specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate clients’ operational requirements, and our expertise across land, marine, aviation and training sectors provides engineering, sustainment and support services that keep the country moving.
To provide you some local context, here are a few things we do across air, land and sea:
- We’re in the air with emergency services, piloting and crewing air ambulances and search and rescue missions
- We keep things moving on land, with integrated asset management and engineering services for vehicle fleets and infrastructure
- We look after vessels as diverse as naval submarines and luxury yachts, with plenty in between, providing bow-to-stern sustainment and technical engineering support
Your future at Babcock – What we offer you
What sets us apart at Babcock? Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you can drive change and grow your career, we promote and foster training and development and the opportunity to be part of something BIG. Central to Babcock’s core values are health, safety and environment and diversity. If you’d like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, apply via the ‘Apply Now” button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au