Babcock International Group, the engineering services company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9 billion in 2016/17, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within our market sectors of Marine, Land and Aviation, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock employs over 725 staff and operates across aviation, marine, defence, mining and construction, cyber security and engineering consultancy.
Babcock is presently delivering an exciting and diverse contract to support the Qantas Group's fleet of Ground Support Equipment (GSE), which comprises more than 10,000 assets spread across 60 locations across Australia including Qantas' domestic, regional, freight, catering and engineering operations, as well as Jetstar. Working with Qantas as its trusted asset management partner, Babcock is delivering a customised and innovative asset management solution to drive reliability and efficiency improvements of equipment and provide significant long term capability and cost benefits.
To support this partnership with an iconic Australian company, Babcock is now seeking to appoint a suitably experienced Project /Engineering Manager for Group GSE operations in Sydney on a 4 year fixed-term contract.
Reporting to the onsite National Asset Manager and leading a small team of dedicated GSE focussed staff the Project/Engineering Manager will be responsible for the delivery of world class management, maintenance and optimisation of Ground Support Equipment that provides our client with a best practice asset management solution that not only meets contractual requirements but also goes above and beyond in service delivery and adding value to our customer. In accordance with the national Strategic Asset Management Plan, the Project /Engineering Manager will proactively manage resources, schedules, budgets and performance outcomes by undertaking the following responsibilities:
- Work within and be active in creating a safe and supportive environment
- Analyse resources and implement strategies to optimise productivity, efficiency and skills development
- Review asset reliability, utilisation and over all equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Monitor and optimise the ratio of planned versus unplanned maintenance
- Conduct root cause analysis (RCA) and failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Implement and manage the condition monitoring regime to optimise reliability
- Support the development of the computerised asset management maintenance system and ensure the integrity and effective utilisation of data
- Effectively engage with all stakeholders to promote and pro-actively develop a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Drive change and change management process in order to deliver effective and efficient Asset Management principles and processes
- Empower and coach maintenance teams to optimise resources and assets to achieve key performance deliverables
As a dedicated member of the Group GSE team, successful candidates will have significant operations experience in the field of mobile equipment/fleet maintenance, with a background in GSE being highly regarded. You will ideally possess tertiary qualifications in engineering or other applicable technical fields together with significant engineering and/or specialist technical experience in a similar role, including the strategic implementation and change management of complex programs involving the management of a large number of mobile assets.
To be successful in your application for this engaging and exciting opportunity you will be a decisive and proactive team player and additionally you will have a demonstrated ability to work autonomously to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment and provide innovative technical solutions to complex issues. The ability to identify and drive continuous improvement activities and engage and influence others to achieve operational excellence will be paramount in this role where you will be rewarded with the challenge and opportunity of joining a global leader in the field of critical asset management. The successful candidate will have a sound understanding of all legislative requirements applicable to the role, including a strong knowledge of all health and safety requirements. With Safety leading our organisational values, Babcock prides itself on delivering its services supported by a culture where the health and safety of our people always comes first.
If you want to be part of an exciting future with our Company, then please register your interest now.
Full-time, Fixed Term Contract
Job no: JLAM70454
Location: Mascot - NSW
Closing Date: Friday, 6 April 2018