Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Accounts Assistant - Part Time or Full Time
Babcock International is a FTSE 100 company that employs 35,000 skilled staff worldwide delivering 125 years of market-leading excellence in the management, support and operation of complex equipment and infrastructure.
Based in Devonport, Babcock (NZ) Ltd operates within the Global Growth and Operations division of Babcock International, supporting the NZ Defence Force (NZDF) and commercial shipping industry with the provision of engineering, technical and training services. Our engineering and marine capabilities make us the partner of choice for some of the most innovative marine businesses world-wide.
About the role:
Due to internal movement, we are looking for a full time or part time Accounts Assistant to join our high performing Finance Team. Offering flexible hours (25 - 40 hours per week) you can make this role fit into your lifestyle.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- maintaining and updating the General Ledger
- assisting the Accounts Payable Administrator to make sure our suppliers are paid in timely manner
- performing sales invoicing and credit control duties
- assisting the Project Managers and Project Accountant with ad-hoc queries and requests
- preparing and processing month end journals
- labour contracts (timesheets and invoicing)
- the processing of Accounts Payable invoices.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone who has the following attributes:
- Experience in working in a commercial environment
- Ideally you will have accounting experience in a manufacturing or contracting organisation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to build relationships at all levels within the business
- Sound knowledge of MS Office in particular Excel and experience with an ERP system would be a bonus
Working in our Finance Team will be a great way to grow your knowledge and understanding of finance in a large project based corporate organisation. As an ATE we are able to assist you in completing your studies and the part time hours is a real plus allowing you to achieve the ultimate work life balance that you are seeking.
Located on the Royal NZ Naval Base in Devonport, this picturesque location is ideal for anyone taking the ferry, or located on the North Shore.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force Security Clearance.
Job no: KSAM91862
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Wednesday, 18 December 2019