Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9.5 billion in 2018/19, we help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets through a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
In New Zealand and across Australia, Babcock employs over 865 talented people. Operating across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy, we support our customers’ technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people. In many ways, we are the brand behind the brand. You may not always see our logo, but we are behind the scenes using specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate our client’s operational requirements.
A global solution being delivered locally.
Babcock is excited to partner with Air New Zealand in delivering an exciting and diverse contract to support the asset management and sustainment activities for Ground Support Equipment (GSE) in locations nationally and internationally. Working with Air New Zealand as its trusted asset management partner, Babcock is delivering a customised and innovative asset management solution to drive reliability and efficiency improvements of equipment and provide significant long-term capability and cost benefits.
In order to support the introduction and ongoing delivery of this contract we now have an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager to join our team based in Auckland
About the Role
The Account Manager will lead the Babcock team responsible for providing project management, asset management and supply chain functions for the Air NZ Contract. The Account Manager will be the primary interface with Air NZ and will be responsible for building a strong relationship with the customer. Additionally, the Account Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, direction and supervision to all team members (direct & indirect) and ensure a high-quality solution is delivered, which meets the customer’s expectations and complies with contractual obligations.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Drive the achievement of objectives to provide value to Air NZ with respect to the management of the Air NZ fleet and assets.
- Development of strong business partnerships and customer relationships at all levels, both internal and external.
- Ensure the asset performance and the effectiveness is monitored, measured, analysed, evaluated and auditable.
- Ensure that competent resources required to achieve the plans are made available, the information systems are available to support the process and the information developed is documented, controlled, communicated and auditable.
- Managing the integrated set of management plans to ensure they achieve a balance of risk, cost and performance.
- Ensure plans, implementation and processes are reviewed and controlled, including any activities that are outsourced.
- Ensure non-conformities or incidents with respect to the assets or asset management are documented and evaluated, and corrective action is taken.
- Accomplish tasks with an awareness of Health and Safety concerning themselves, others, and their environment. Ability to assess the risks and hazards involved in tasks, and methods to manage the hazards in order to prevent incidents, injury and damage.
- Generating creative solutions to work problems; trying different and novel ways to deal with project problems and opportunities.
- Provide input day to day with a team ensuring technical and engineering compliance when delivering large scale and specialist projects across the business.
- Provide leadership and input into continuous improvement. This includes replacement planning, budgeting, and analysis of the Air NZ fleet utilisation, reliability, maintenance, supply and life cycle costing.
- Report asset management performance against budget and SLAs.
- Ensure that customer service delivery is maintained at the optimum level.
- Ensure Babcock leadership is informed in timely manner of risks, concerns or problems associated with the delivery of services or the achievement of contract targets.
This role will align with a tertiary qualified and experienced Account or Contract Manager that has demonstrable experience working in and managing a complex stakeholder environment within the commercial airline, technical engineering or asset management sectors. You will be a confident team player with a passion for identifying and driving change, and someone that enjoys managing, leading and developing members of your team. . You will have exceptional time management and organisational skills coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your workload, with a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will have a proven ability of leading and managing transformational change and developing strong business partnerships and customer relationships at all levels of the business.
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Job no: HCAK91495-1
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Thursday, 5 September 2019