Babcock International Group has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around $9 billion in 2016/17, we improve the capability, reliability and availability of our customers’ most critical assets across Marine, Land and Aviation sectors.
Nothing is more important to Babcock than the safety of its people, customers and the community in which we work. With the motto of ‘Home Safe Every Day’, we have an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
About the role?
The primary objective of this role is to assist the Operations Manager to plan, organise and co-ordinate all activities of the designated work areas;
- Making sure all Maintenance Operations are conducted safely, in an efficient and effective manner with quality standards achieved
- Manage budgets and financial aspects of delegated production activities
- Provide for competent staff and resources within area of responsibility
- Assist the Operations Manager in administration and reporting
- Promote Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Awareness
- You will be able to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders as well as our RNZN partners, Commercial Shipping Operators and Contractors.
You will be an experienced in Maintenance and Operations with;
- Proven work experience in Engineering Management
- Experience in techniques and technology used in ship repair work
- Staff Supervision and Management
- Able to demonstrate established leadership skills, particularly during times of transition and innovation.
- Ability to mentor and motivate a team is essential, as is accountability for embedding change and a commitment to continuous improvement in Health & Safety.
As a successful candidate you will be part of our Delivery team that has the best practice within a global organisation with an enviable reputation for delivering excellence.
Babcock’s dockyard facility is located within the Royal NZ Navy’s, Devonport Naval Base on Auckland’s North Shore. This picturesque location is ideally positioned for anyone who may wish to use the Devonport or Stanley Bay ferry.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force Security Clearance.
Job no: HRAL80898
Location: Auckland - NZ
Closing Date: Sunday, 7 October 2018