Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence. We employ over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over AU$9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
We currently have an exciting full time permanent opportunity for an experienced and professional Systems Engineer to join our high performing Land Business. This position will be based in our state-of-the-art Australasian headquarters in the Adelaide CBD.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Asset Management the Systems Engineer will provide multi-functional technical engineering support in order to promote, design and deliver operational and systems excellence within the Land Business. This role will have a strong focus on driving operational and contract delivery improvements.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Support the business and clients with documentation of needs, problem definition, requirements analysis and definition, systems design, solution option analysis and verification/validation.
- To support the asset management team in scoping, developing and implementing improvement initiatives to ensure contractual deliverables and excellence to customers as per the business unit objectives.
- Support and develop technical engineering and compliance processes to ensure integration with all operational areas.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant WHS and associated technical legislation.
- Provide technical input to support life cycle costing models
- Maintain an awareness of industry 'best practice' and provide regular updates to the business and customers of news and developments within the industry sectors.
This role will align with an experienced Systems Engineers that has a proven track record of delivery within a defence organisation or experience with multi-facetted fleet or equipment. You will be a systems driven professional and qualified engineer that has an excellent interpersonal and analytical skill set. Additionally you will be a confident team player that has a passion for identifying and driving change and enjoys working within a team environment but can also work autonomously as required. You will have exceptional time management and organisational experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work load and timeframes with a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will have high level computer skills and have a proven ability to adapt and learn new systems and processes quickly.
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety and environment and diversity so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, then please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Job no: CPAP80670
Location: Adelaide - SA
Closing Date: Saturday, 26 May 2018