Supply Chain Manager - Marine
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation, with a rich history of service excellence. We employ over 35,000 talented and committed people across six continents and worldwide revenues of over AU$9.5 billion. In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock operates nationally, employing over 700 staff. Operating across defence, mining and construction, aviation, ports, cyber security and engineering consultancy, we support our customers technical, programme and complex platform requirements through our proven processes, systems and people.
We currently have an exciting full time permanent opportunity for an experienced and professional Procurement and Supply Chain Manager to join our high performing Marine team in Osborne.
About the Role
The Procurement and Supply Chain Manager is responsible for establishing a broad range of long term supplier agreements which are flowed down from the head contracts to maximise back to back arrangements, in conjunction with managing all aspects of the functions associated with procurement and supply chain management. The role also plays a pivotal role in implementing category management within the function as well as supporting bids for new business opportunities within the sector.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop a robust, efficient and effective supply chain that is critical to the success of the Marine Australia business unit and provide consistent high performance at, or above company and client targets.
- Management of all supply chain systems, processes and procedures, as well as developing and implementing change initiatives that deliver productivity and efficiency benefits and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Create and develop a motivated environment which facilitates a pro-active, success orientated and accountable cohesive team.
- In collaboration with the management team, develop and implement strategic Procurement and Supply Chain policies, processes and plans for the Maritime Operations business, manage the issue and control of Government Furnished Materials (GFM), Customer Furnished Materials (CFM), etc.
- In collaboration with the category management team (Category Managers and Category Buyers from other sectors), lead the development and implementation of category strategies within the Marine sector in Australia.
- Effectively manage and support the process of estimating labour for quotations and tenders (based on historical data, where available).
- Monitor and manage process efficiency to maximise customer satisfaction and value for money by supporting and reporting on timely resolution of resourcing issues and providing monthly purchasing forecasts to the finance team
- Ensure any items imported/exported, even temporarily, are covered by appropriate licenses and regulatory agreements.
- Ensure contractors / suppliers are sourced, assessed, employed, managed, supervised and reviewed in accordance with regulations and the relevant Babcock policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with statutory legislation in regards to ISO standards.
- Monitor Procurement and Supply Chain Performance across Babcock’s Marine business in Australia, and develop improvement strategies to ensure they are at, or above, company and customer targets.
- Advise current performance targets and issues to the General Manager - Marine Australia, the Head of Procurement and Supply Chain, and the project team on a regular basis in alignment with project and business needs.
This role will align with an experienced Procurement and Supply Chain Manager that has a proven track record managing teams in both upstream (strategic sourcing) and downstream supply chain (ordering and deliveries) within a defence, logistics, manufacturing or technical engineering organisation. You will be an experienced leader with supporting tertiary level qualifications within an associated discipline. You will have an excellent interpersonal and analytical skill set. Additionally, you will be a confident team player that has a passion for identifying and driving change and enjoys working within a team environment but can also work autonomously as required. You will have exceptional time management and organisational experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work load and timeframes with a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will have high level computer skills and have a proven ability to adapt and learn new systems and processes quickly. Familiarity within a customer facing environment and a proven commercial acumen would be highly advantageous.
The successful candidate must hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
In return Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you have the opportunity to drive change and the autonomy to deliver operational excellence and best practice within a global organisation that has an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. Central to Babcock’s core values are those of health, safety, environment and diversity, so if you would like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, please register your interest via the ‘Apply Now” button below
Job no: JZEO81010-1
Location: Osborne - SA
Closing Date: Sunday, 2 December 2018